Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Missing tag

AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,469
It seems like the BB-8 polybag #40288 really should have the tag “BB-8”.

Comments

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    The 'BB-8' tag really only refers to sets containing BB-8 minifigures. Hopefully those people searching for every set that features BB-8, at any scale, would find them all using the search bar.

Thank you for the suggestion though!
    Astrobricks
  • CalabarCalabar ItalyMember Posts: 6
    I take advantage from this thread to notify that the set 31089 seems to miss the "10 Wide Car" Tag.

BTW, is there a proper place where to report missing tags in sets?

Another question: is there a more affordable and flexible way to search by tag than adding a "|Tag" after the searched word?

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,228
    edited May 27
    This thread is where you want to go if you notice inconsistencies in the database. If you want to get Huw's attention, use @Huw to ping him. These comments will probably be moved to that thread.
    As for searching by tags, you can use the drop-down list at the top of the page, same way you select year, theme etc.
    Thanks, got it!

About searching among tags, I'm not sure I've understood: in the dropdown list I can see "all", "sets", etc... but not "tags". Besides, in search results page, I can't see any "tag" filter. Am I miss anything?

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,228
    My apologies, you're correct. I could have sworn there was a list there before. I wonder if it has since been removed.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,450
    The tag list is only shown when you've selected a theme or year because otherwise there'd be thousands of entries in the drop-down.
    Baby_Yoda
    Oh, ok, thanks anyway! :)

This could be a nice addition to the search box, in the search suggestions tags appear with very low priority, that means they don't appear unless other matching elements are very few.
    A "tag list" page could be very useful too.

Tags are often a way better way (pun intended!) to find something in the database, especially group of things (using set's name often results in incomplete results), so that when I have to do these kind of searches I often start from a specific set and then click on a tag in its tags list. Search among tags and a tags page would be much more comfortable for that.
    The tags do already appear when you start typing one in the main search box.

Here's the tag list: https://brickset.com/browse/sets/tags
    Thanks Huw, the tags page is very useful for me.
    I'll add it to my menu.

About the search, tags appear but in my experience only if other results matching with the searched word are very few.
    Besides, often I don't know the exact word(s) that define a tag, and that's why a search among tags would be very useful. The tags page is for the same purpose (using the browser search inside the page), but requires one more step (access to the tags page instead than directly using the search box in the home page).
    Anyway for me the tags page is enough (especially because I can add it to my menu)!
    Calabar said:
    Thanks Huw, the tags page is very useful for me.
    I'll add it to my menu.

About the search, tags appear but in my experience only if other results matching with the searched word are very few.

Yes that is true. I don't know if I can fix that somehow without resorting to a huge long list. I'll think about it...
    What about to add a single tag result (if matching) among the partial results? And clicking on the blue stripe containing the word "Tags" access a specific tag search.
    Anyway I think that the easiest way to obtain a search among tags is to add "tags" among selectable targets in the search dropdown list.
    Tags apply to all of the other options so it wouldn't make much sense :)
    True, but a search among tags would be useful too.
    Maybe a checkbutton somewhere?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,469
    Shouldn’t #40289 have the tag DIAGON ALLEY just like #10217?