Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Happy Camper

The_MeechThe_Meech ScotlandMember Posts: 3
edited October 2018 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hello

I'm Jamie Meechan more commonly known as ... THE MEECH.

These days I am somewhat overshadowed/intimidated by the fabulous achievements of my older brother Ronnie 'The Shark' Clark (that's him in my avatar) who is a boxer of some note and the Sardinian Back Slap Wrestling Champion.

However there was a time when I was top dog in our house and that was because of ... LEGO.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/jamie-makes-light-work-lego-2827182.amp

Happiest time of my life, sad to think I am now reduced to being the lackey/defender of a convicted felon and sociopath.

Ah well 

Thanks for reading

The Meech
Baby_Yoda

Comments

• mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 827

The Brickset forum has been set up to enable you to discuss LEGO related topics with other Brickset members. It is for adults only.

• If you are 16 or over you may join the forum and participate in discussions
    • If you are under 16 you are welcome to read the forum but you must not join and participate
  • The_MeechThe_Meech ScotlandMember Posts: 3
    I'm 17 mate .. but thank you for your concern
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 827
    Apologies... Poor arithmetic on my part.  Welcome to the forum!

Recommend a change of avatar though - better to be judged on your own merits rather than those of your brother... Was it really that hard to find a camper van? :)
    Baby_Yoda
  • The_MeechThe_Meech ScotlandMember Posts: 3
    No apology needed Mr B, you have your job to do.

According to my mother (a woman prone to exaggeration) it was a terrible and odious task tracking down the Camper.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,025
    She should have tried ebay or bricklink.  Easy to find there.

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,166
    I think they may still sell in on [email protected]?
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 506
    I feel the need to point out that this set was released September of 2011, and the article was dated January 2012. So I would imagine that it was difficult to find one right around Christmas of that year. 

Welcome to the forum @The_Meech!
    pharmjod
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,784
    I was wondering if anyone actually bothered to read the article and notice the date. Thanks @eggshen.
    SumoLegoeggshen
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,944
    pharmjod said:
    I was wondering if anyone actually bothered to read the article and notice the date. Thanks @eggshen.
    I could barely read it, the web site was so annoying.
    SprinkleOtter
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 907
    I went onto the website and it told me I had to answer a "quick question" to read the article. So I did... then another... then another... do I have a virus?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,338
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I went onto the website and it told me I had to answer a "quick question" to read the article. So I did... then another... then another... do I have a virus?
    Maybe you won a free iPad for being the 1,000,000 visitor!
    sid3windrdavetheoxygenmanBaby_YodaSumoLegostarwars4everSprinkleOtterHanzokiki180703
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,353
    There's a reason I avoid local newspaper websites like the plague...
    SprinkleOtterJern92
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,655
    Baby_Yoda said:
    So now you're trying to get us to answer "quick questions?" Sorry mate, not falling for that one...
    ShibPolyphemus
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 287
    Im so confused at this thread, the article, life, and now if i have a virus related question
    SumoLegoJern92Baby_YodaBoomstickFowlerBrickskbwstarwars4ever