The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Cancelling with Backordered Items

GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 158
The other day I bought the Hoth Medical Chamber and the Boba Fett BrickHead, and so I got the Solo Mudtrooper free. The HMC is on backorder but BF and Solo have shipped. I think I might prefer to use the HMC money for something else instead.

If I were to cancel that part of the order, would there be any issues? Would I need to return the Mudtrooper freebie? Has anyone else done this?

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,902
    Gremer said:
    The other day I bought the Hoth Medical Chamber and the Boba Fett BrickHead, and so I got the Solo Mudtrooper free. The HMC is on backorder but BF and Solo have shipped. I think I might prefer to use the HMC money for something else instead.

If I were to cancel that part of the order, would there be any issues? Would I need to return the Mudtrooper freebie? Has anyone else done this?
    I think the 'gift' has an assigned value, so if you cancel, you will have to pay for the figure. Plus I think that will also be a black mark on your account.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 16,666
    I've cancelled things in that situation before with no problem. Just let them you are cancelling as it won't arrive on time and are buying elsewhere now.
  • kbenjeskbenjes Member Posts: 69