Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over
to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules
before you join.
Recent discussions • Categories
The rules of the Brickset Secret Santa are as follows:
You have been waiting long enough, especialy @Muftak1
refreshing every 5 minutes. Here is the official Brickset Secret Santa
2018 thread. Our 6th already. Since these months are busy for Brickset,
is doing his usual stuff of giving you news and reviews and
it is my honour to call you all to this event.
- The guide price for the cost of a gift is £15, €20 or $20 (USD, CAD, AUD, NZD) -postage excluded.
- Wish lists are welcome, so please send that with your initial message
if you would like to include one, or add a link to you Brickset 'wanted
list' and make sure it is set to public.
When you share your wishlist, don't just copy and paste the weblink when
you are looking at it, because that will show 'my collection', e.g. https://brickset.com/sets/mycollection-wanted The
way to go about it is you go to 'my sets', then to 'sets wanted' and
then click 'share', this will give you a link to send to the organiser, e.g. https://brickset.com/sets/wantedby-Snowhitie
If you are happy with whatever please add a line to that effect, just so we know you didn't forget to add any info.
- MOCs are also welcome as long as the total part value roughly corresponds with the guide prices given above.
- Please either wrap the gift before packaging it or indicate on the box that the contents are not wrapped.
- Please ensure that your gift is sent in time for Christmas, final posting dates for each country are available online.
- When you open the gift on Christmas day, post a picture or a description when you get the time (I know holidays are frantic).
I know, you just want to know what do now, right?
The closing date for signing up to the 2018 Brickset Secret Santa is midnight (GMT+1) on the 2nd of November.
- Sign up to be included by sending a PM with your username mailing address and wanted list as explained above to the relevant organiser (see below).
- Your Brickset ID will then be entered into a draw.
- Names will be drawn during the weekend of the 3rd of November.
- Within a couple of days of the draw, everyone who entered will be PMed with
the name and address of the person they have been assigned to buy a
- Purchase a gift, adhering to the cost guidelines.
- Send the gift, keeping in mind that it should arrive in time for Christmas.
- If all goes according to plan, everybody will receive their gift before Christmas!
exchange is divided between the United Kingdom, Continental Europe,
North America and Australasia in the hope of keeping postage costs to a
minimum. Do let us know if you would like to join in but are elsewhere
in the world as we will try and accommodate everyone if possible.
Here's the list of the relevant organisers:United Kingdom
- @snowhitieNorth America
- @stluxContinental Europe and Republic of Ireland
- @cmrt1014 Australia and New Zealand or anyone else in the world
If you are new and you are not sure if this is for you, check out last year's thread
get some inspiration and see all the fun. As you can see on this
picture, there's already a whole selection of people ready for action,
so come and join the fun.
If there are any questions, post them here or send me or the organiser of your area a PM.