Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

pantenkind: Central illinois AFOL here..

pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
I figured I would jump on here and introduce myself, I live in Peoria Illinois and am a recent addition of that "out of the dark ages" club. I was in there for probably 20 years....long time, I know...Anyways I mentioned that I liked lego and got the airport set for christmas, put it together then was instantly addicted again. I have bought well over 100 sets since then, and not the small ones either, mostly City and Star Wars but a few others I thought would display well. Now my room looks like a lego showroom and I couldnt be happier. I am actually in the process of starting a LUG here in Central Illinois and have been kind of advertising that locally. I am pretty ocd about things and I believe if I could get a dozen people like myself we could become major "players" in the Lego MOC club. (For the record I love looking at other peoples MOC's, some of you guys are truly amazing!!) I would like to start going to conventions and having my clubs creations on pages like these for others to enjoy as I have enjoyed theirs. If anyone is in the central illinois area and would be interested please send me a message and I will give you personal contact info. I have been a bit long winded as I sometimes do so I will end this with a thanks for reading, and look forward to eventually meeting some of you at local conventions or otherwise.

Brian

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,289
    Welcome, Brian, and good luck starting the LUG!
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Hey Brian! I am in Illinois too. Down in Belleville, across the river from st Louis!
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    Well, I have found a local man of similar age already so our LUG is 2 strong...Gotta start somewhere :-). And good to meet you Wagner!
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    Wagner, Your about 3 1/2 hours away, I dont know if you were just saying hello, or saying you would be interested in joining? Sorry if I misunderstood.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Would love to be involved, but time and distance would prevent it! I was just saying hi.