Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Selling some 2010 Harry Potter sets. Should I bundle?

FenricFenric Kentucky, USAMember Posts: 3
I’m going to put a few of my older Harry Potter sets on eBay, including 4842 Hogwarts Castle and 4867 Hogwarts. I’m having trouble deciding if I want to auction them together or separate.

I’ve looked at the sold listings, but as usual on eBay the results are wildly varying. I thought it might be helpful to get some thoughts from the forum.
I might even add 4737 Quidditch Match to the auction. All sets are complete, minus one bludger that my dog got a hold of. 
Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 958
    Try first listing all together...but dont discount just because you bundled the lot.

Depending how you list the shipping, most likely shipping a lot one time will be cheaper.  If you dont get what you want for the lot, you can always relist individually later.

BTW, are you auctioning them or doing a buy-it-now, and are they all used with box and instructions?

• FenricFenric Kentucky, USAMember Posts: 3
    I was thinking of auctioning, maybe offering a buy-it-now option.

they are all used and, except for the bludger, complete. There are still two oother bludgers in the set.
    I have all of the instructions, but gave up on keeping boxes long ago. They took up more room than I had. 
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,757
    Used set values are all over the place because the condition of the sets are different. Some missing pieces or a minifigure are often the case, but some may not have the instructions or the box as well. 

I would set them as a lot, but I wouldn't discount the lot either, shipping them in one box should save the buyer money in shipping costs and will save you time.
  • FenricFenric Kentucky, USAMember Posts: 3
    I appreciate the help.
    i bundled the two Hogwarts sets and the Quidditch Match together. I decided to keep the Hogwarts Express separate.

When I was reassembling them for the auction pictures I discovered that a couple of small pieces were missing (I had a sudden move a few years ago that lead to LEGO chaos).  I was able to find duplicates in a few sets that I’m hanging onto. They’re easily replaceable through the LEGO shop.

Now comes the agonizing wait for the bidding to start.