Minifigures given away with magazines

CoopsCoops SuffolkMember Posts: 22
Hey everyone,

With regards to the minifigures given away with Lego magazines etc, are they just generic minifigures found in sets or are they 'special' releases?

Thanks

Comments

• Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 284
    I think they’re specific individuals but often variants of standard characters- especially the Ninjago ones. There’s a particular thread about the magazines and figures but I don’t know how to do the link to that so hopefully someone else will. The foil bag figures do get their own listings on Brickset. 
  • CoopsCoops SuffolkMember Posts: 22
    I had a search but couldn't find anything, I will try again.

I imagine the slight variants must make it difficult in identifying which figure you have for collecting.
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 504
    Here's a link to the relevant thread. It is in the 'Shopping UK' section.

Usually pretty knowlable people will tell you in this thread if a figure is unique, what the differences are, etc. That will help you make upo your mind if it's worth getting the magazine that month. I keep an eye on this thread and, based on the advice given, have picked up a couple.

Bob

Lego_Star
    Thanks for the link, I will have a look at it.

I like the idea of collecting the various minifigures thinking that it's a cheaper route into collecting Lego however there is so many to collect lol! I've got the Lego Movie Characters in a Lego minifigures display box and wanted to carry on with them.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    They may be given away in magazines, but you still have to buy the magazine.
    ^ lol thanks mate I didn't know
    sid3windr
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 493
    They often claim to be 'Limited Edition' but it isn't clear what that means. I suspect it can cover a fairly standard minifigure with an unusual accessory or mini-build.

The magazines are often more expensive than a CMF, so it isn't a cheap way to build your collection.
    andhe