Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Looking for help with collecting.

Stretchy_GruntStretchy_Grunt CaliforniaMember Posts: 3
Hello

I know it is kind of rude to ask for a favour on your first post but I have specific collecting requirements. I really like the displaying side of collecting minifigs.
I bought an R5-J2 on the aftermarket and the printing on the head goes all diagonal. 
I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to give the code from the back of the instructions from set 9492-1 so I could contact Lego for a replacement head.
Sorry to be super cheeky but I really like my collection to look as good as it can because I use it in photography.
Thanks for reading.

Stretchy

Comments

• HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 482
    You can download the instructions yourself as a PDF from LEGO shop Customer Service
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    edited September 2018
    Does Lego replace printed piece from that long ago?  I have always wondered how this works with older sets.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=98100pb02&idColor=11#T=C&C=11
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    Probably not, and especially not likely from a licensed theme.
    SumoLegoHanzogmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,731
    It's always worth a try.  The worst they can say is 'no.'
    Hanzogmonkey76Baby_YodamadforLEGO
  • Stretchy_GruntStretchy_Grunt CaliforniaMember Posts: 3
    Thanks. I thought they might say no but I thought I might try since it's still a manufacturing error, albeit an old one.
  • Stretchy_GruntStretchy_Grunt CaliforniaMember Posts: 3
    You can download the instructions yourself as a PDF from LEGO shop Customer Service
    I know but to get a replacement head I would the number from a physical copy. Lego use it as proof of purchase. But I only purchased the droid not the set.

• CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 368
    Are you sure it's an authentic piece? A phony Chinese copy would have bad printing. Printing errors are rather rare for official lego (depending on the part) and can sometimes increase value.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Are you sure it's an authentic piece? A phony Chinese copy would have bad printing. Printing errors are rather rare for official lego (depending on the part) and can sometimes increase value.
    Nearly every droid Jangbricks gets in his reviews are printed wonky. 
    Hanzosid3windrdmcc0
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Yeah, I have had quite a few droid head misprints.  Are you telling me I am rich?!  :-P
    sid3windr