Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sabre tooth tiger

arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
Does the sabre tooth Tiger have the Lego logo printed on it? If yes (I`m almost certain it is), can anyone post a photo of it? I bought a tiger from BL and I have the feeling it might not be the real deal, as I can`t see Lego written anywhere. (It`s still sealed though).

Comments

• Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,002

Logo in open studs. Hope this helps. Apologies to all if the pic size is on the large side, wanted the logo to be clear.
    arathemisdrdavewatfordstluxFowlerBrickssnowhitiePumpkin_3CK5
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    edited September 2018
    yep, that`s what I imagined it should be. Mine does not have any Lego writting within the studs :(
    Thanks so much @Mr_Cross
    One more question @Mr_Cross.  Does your tiger have a code on the inside underside of a front paw? Could you tell me what that code is please? 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    There are chinese fakes of the sabre tooth tiger, plus the other big cats (panther, etc). I saw a seller with loads of them at a boot sale last weekend. With box loads in his car to replace any that sold.
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 486
    arathemis said:
    One more question @Mr_Cross.  Does your tiger have a code on the inside underside of a front paw? Could you tell me what that code is please? 
    Just opened mine to check for you. It also has the Lego logo within the top studs, though it's not especially clear. Not as clear as on the photo above. Code on the underside of the front paw is 15X8.
    arathemisMr_Cross
    edited September 2018
    hmmm, mine has 03X8 under the paw.
    and just saw a barely noticeable Lego within the stud if the light falls from a certain angle. (guess looking through the plastic bag made it even less visible).
    All is well when it ends well :)

Thanks everyone for your input and photos.
    Mr_CrossHugeYellowBrickmadforLEGO
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,002
    Glad you got it sorted, sorry was afk for school pick up etc.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,461
    If your eyesight is like mine (fading), you might find that taking pictures and then zooming in works better than direct observation, even with a magnifying glass. I seem to have best results when using the flash on my phone's camera. Some of the printed details on minifigures are really amazing, and I would never have seen them if not for macro-focus on the camera. 
    oldtodd33catwrangler