The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Hi from Indonesia

one79one79 IndonesiaMember Posts: 5
Hi everyone,

Greetings from Jakarta. My name is Iwan. I am just got out from the dark age and into lego since 11 months ago. I was buying Lego for my son but he is not interested yet. So I built the set and got myself hooked. And suddenly I got a lot of new or used sets around me which I have built into a city. Now I just need to slowly persuade my son to try building Lego.

Anyway can I ask some questions on this introductory thread? I have relatives and friends which live in US and Australia right now. I am just wondering whether the Lego Stores (not Legoland) overseas have any specialty sets/bricks/minifigs/accessories that are specific to the store or region that I can ask them to get it for me. In Indonesia we only have Lego Certified Stores (which means no VIP points, no lego passport stamp, all the special set always come out 1 year later (seasonal sets for example). 

Thanks!

SumoLegosnowhitie

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 10,321
    edited September 17
    Welcome to the Forum!

At this point only the exclusives are the #40305 LEGO Store that is sold at flagship stores.  However, I believe in regions that do not have retail locations, the set is available through the [email protected] website.

The NYC Stores have a couple of exclusive magnets and keychains.  For awhile there were special keychains in Orlando, Boston and Chicago as well.

I believe the Willis Tower in Chicago still sells the Architecture set, and then if you really want to spend some serious money, there are a number of exclusives at Billund and at the LEGO House in Billund.  Also floating around is a Panama Canal Education exclusive set #2000451.

And... there are some sets that are disproportionally distributed to certain markets.  The Year of the Monkey #40207 set was very difficult to find in North America.  (I've never seen it - I had to get mine from Malaysia and France.)

Enjoy!
  • one79one79 IndonesiaMember Posts: 5
    SumoLego said:
    Welcome to the Forum!

At this point only the exclusives are the #40305 LEGO Store that is sold at flagship stores.  However, I believe in regions that do not have retail locations, the set is available through the [email protected] website.

The NYC Stores have a couple of exclusive magnets and keychains.  For awhile there were special keychains in Orlando, Boston and Chicago as well.

I believe the Willis Tower in Chicago still sells the Architecture set, and then if you really want to spend some serious money, there are a number of exclusives at Billund and at the LEGO House in Billund.  Also floating around is a Panama Canal Education exclusive set #2000451.

And... there are some sets that are disproportionally distributed to certain markets.  The Year of the Monkey #40207 set was very difficult to find in North America.  (I've never seen it - I had to get mine from Malaysia and France.)

Enjoy!
    So, most lego brand stores only sell exclusive magnets and keychains. Well, that is a bummer. I was thinking of at least exclusive bricks or minifigs. I know that not all stores will have the special sets such as the Canal, Wilis Stores, or like the Billund Airport. 

Nevertheless, Thank you!! I appreciate your time and effort in explaining. 
    SumoLego
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,669
    Welcome to the forum, I do hope you find the special stuff you are after and your son starts building with you soon.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 10,321
    Yes, this Forum is an excellent resource to get notice of all of those sets you didn't know you absolutely needed to have.

(Brick-built Chinese Zodiac Animals currently have my undivided attention.)