Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UK Round Robin box - any interest?

Comments

• BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,106
    I must be getting too excited about this. Last night I had a dream where 90% of the stuff in the box that arrived was just knock-off crap.
    andheSprinkleOtter
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    That sounds like a good dream then, as it is really 95% knock off crap!

Not really, it is about 1% non-LEGO. But the non-LEGO parts are all brickforge and brickwarriors, marked and separated from the genuine LEGO.

Anyone else can feel free to add similar decent non-LEGO parts if properly marked, but of course no knock-off crap clone bricks or parts like MB, Cobi, Lepin, etc in with the more general LEGO parts.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,511
    How about old chewing gum, hairs and toenail clippings? They usually accompany bulk lots of Lego!
    msanders
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 536
    edited May 2019
    Magic, thank you CCC for organising this. Can't wait to receive and pass on the box. And thanks to @Lego_Star for the heads up that this was happening. She knew I was keen to be a part this time.
    Thanks Frances.
    Lego_StarMr_Crosssnowhitie
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,235
    Magic, thank you CCC for organising this. Can't wait to receive and pass on the box. And thanks to @Lego_Star for the heads up that this was happening. She knew I was keen to be a part this time.
    Thanks Frances.
    Seconded!
    Lego_StarMr_CrossBOBJACK_JACKBOBsnowhitie
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 496
    If any of those who are getting the box after me is in need of a brick seperator (or 10!) let me know as I'm happy to dump some in as currently experiencing a surplus...
    GothamConstructionCo
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,075
    @PJ76uk, I'd be interested in a teal or green one if you're willing to part with one of those colours!?
    Mr_Cross said:
    @PJ76uk, I'd be interested in a teal or green one if you're willing to part with one of those colours!?
    Only have 1 green I think so will hang onto that, got a few teal ones so happy to pop one in the box :-)
    Mr_CrossGothamConstructionCo
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 384
    Hmm, wouldn't mind one. Any colour.
    @Kaitch unfortunately you get the box before me! But I'm happy to pop one in the post to you if you want?
    Eh, we'll see if there are any in there already.
    @PJ76uk, thank you, that would be great :-)
    PJ76uk said:
    If any of those who are getting the box after me is in need of a brick seperator (or 10!) let me know as I'm happy to dump some in as currently experiencing a surplus...
    You don't need to bother. I'm second or third in the line and am planning on keeping everything in the box and filling it back up with brick separators.
    PJ76uk560Heliport
    When sending the box, can you make sure you keep the tracking number in case of any problems - you will get it including in the basic second class postage price for a small parcel.

I'm afraid it has been a bit slow - the first journey has taken two weeks. That's about two miles per day!

PJ76uk said:
    You don't need to bother. I'm second or third in the line and am planning on keeping everything in the box and filling it back up with brick separators.
    That was kinda my plan too ;-)
    PJ76uk said:
    That was kinda my plan too ;-)
    To keep things exciting, I might even toss in a little baggy of those little grey trigger bits that come spare with every stud shooter.
    560HeliportBaby_YodaMr_Cross
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,900
    Yes think they must have sent it by donkey post, arrived after 5 yesterday. Had a look through last night, will do my exchanges tonight and hope to get it in the post tomorrow.
    Mr_Cross
    Posted! hopefully on to @Brainslugged by the weekend.
    CCCBOBJACK_JACKBOBPJ76uksnowhitie
    Box received. Thanks, @andhe. I can't believe you left that sealed Mr Gold in there. Or maybe you were the one who put it in. Either way, thank you!
    dmcc0andheMr_Cross
    edited May 2019
    @Brainslugged I had two, so thought I'd share the love.
    (This is a joke, though you did have me second guessing myself for a minute there...)
    Mr_Cross
    Awesome, can't wait to grow my brick seperator collection...
    Mr_CrossandhemsandersSprinkleOtter
    I hope those don't all go before the box gets to me.
    andheGothamConstructionCoPJ76ukmsandersSprinkleOtterdmcc0
    The brick separators are now on their way to @khmellymel!
    Mr_CrossGothamConstructionCoandhekhmellymelSprinkleOtterdmcc0
    I've got the box!  I was away on the weekend tho so and it was delivered Saturday.  I'll do it up tonight and send it in its way tomorrow!
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
    Forgot to mention yesterday that I've posted the box out! I had to rebox to a slightly smaller box width wise but it's a bit taller so it should have evened out.  Left a couple of brick sperators for @Kaitch as well! :)
    Mr_CrossCCCBOBJACK_JACKBOBSprinkleOtterLego_Star
    Look forward to it! Cheers @khmellymel
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
    That's fine with the box. Replace it when needed, although try to keep it within the size guidelines for small parcel.

BOBJACK_JACKBOBPJ76uk
    @Redbullgivesuwind It looks like the box will be coming to me next and then to you. Is there anything in particular you were hoping would be in it when you get it? I'm planning on keeping all the brick seperators for myself so will have to fill it up with other stuff!
    Mr_CrossBrainsluggedRedbullgivesuwindLego_Star
    Got the box. I'll hold on to it over the weekend, probably send it off on Monday. BOBJACK, PM your address please?
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
    ^Will do, thanks.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,822
    @BOBJACK_JACKBOB An Imperial Flagship, UCS Millennium Falcon. Just common stuff really! 
    PJ76ukGothamConstructionCodmcc0BOBJACK_JACKBOBLego_StarSprinkleOtterMr_Cross
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 774
    I bet @Kaitch is now wishing they hadn't put that rug in there now;)
    BrainsluggedBOBJACK_JACKBOBBumblepantsMr_CrossBaby_Yoda
    The box has arrived and great news... no rug!
    I've had a prowl through and made some picks. I'll take it home tonight and pick through it again then work out what to put in as replacements. I'll post it on on Wednesday.
    Thanks to everyone who had it before me and again, massive thanks to @CCC for starting it off.
    Baby_YodaandheMr_CrossLego_Star
    Glad to hear it made it okay. Confession time: I kept the rug. Hope the contents I replaced it with make it up to you.
    Mr_CrossBOBJACK_JACKBOB
    Apologies everyone, I left the house without the box this morning. I will defo post it tomorrow. Sorry.
    The box has been sent.
    Mr_Cross
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,822
    Just arrived with me. I will have a look and get it sent off. 
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBGothamConstructionCoCCCMr_Cross
    The box has been sent on its way. It is getting a little heavy so went it gets back to @CCC you might want to take some stuff out. 
    GothamConstructionCoandheBOBJACK_JACKBOBMr_Cross
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 740
    The box arrived today and was waiting for me when I got in from work.
    I hope to get a chance to go through it tonight in order to get it back on its way tomorrow. 
    I just hope there are still some blue-tac coated AA’s left? 
    Mr_CrossBOBJACK_JACKBOBRedbullgivesuwind
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 740
    edited June 2019
    The box is now on its way again after struggling to get the weight down. I ended having to take back out some of the Megablocks I thought I’d see the back of.
    PJ76ukCCCBrainslugged
    It's half way, currently back with me. I recognize some of the contents, especially in the used bag. There is quite a lot of colour in there, so don't feel guilty if you want to remove a bit more than you put back, especially if taking "kid's" LEGO out.

Does anyone still to receive it use or collect pat pend bricks and/or windows of that era? I have a small bag of them that I can add if there is any interest in them.

GothamConstructionCo
    The rest of the list is:

CCC
    Speedman29
    PJ76UK
    Mr_Cross
    TheFew
    dmcc0 
    CCC

The box is on its way again. It is slightly under 2kg, so as noted before if you want anything from it then don't feel guilty if you remove a little more than you return. Especially if you can use any of the brighter colours.
    Lego_StarBOBJACK_JACKBOB
    @Mr_Cross just checking if you still want me to pop in a teal brick separator as the box should be coming my way after Speedman29...
    Lego_Star
    @PJ76uk, yes please!
    PJ76uk
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,454
    edited July 2019
    Box arrived today during a mammoth gardening session. Taking a bay tree out that had grown over 25ft tall and had wrecked the fence. 8 trips to the tip later and I'm finally cutting the box open while having a well earned beer or two.
    The much hated flexi train tracks were the first thing Little Miss Speedy spied and we've claimed those for our layout (and because they weigh loads!) Will sort through the rest tomorrow and hopefully ship Monday.
    @PJ76uk can you PM your address please. Also you mentioned firemen earlier in the thread, do you still need them. Can't promise, But we might have something suitable.

CCC
    Happy to be pleasantly surprised at whats in the box. Have picked up some firemen recently so not really looking for anything in particular. Anything that catches my eyes and inspires a moc is good.
    Lego_Star