Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UK Round Robin box - any interest?

Comments

• dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 774
    ^i can't wait :)
    MaffyDMr_Cross
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,824
    The box has arrived! @bandit778, could you PM me your address, please? I'm going to try and get it moving ASAP! :)
    CCCMr_Cross
    It's back in the post - sorry for the delay!

Mr_Cross
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    Great. Is the box still holding up OK?
    When it reached me there was a tear at one corner, but someone had shored it up with tape and I did the same. It's easy enough to slice through the tape with a knife and the structure of the box is otherwise intact; it was a good strong one. I did replace the bags with thicker ones though; one of them was torn and I thought it was only a matter of time before the other one went...
    Mr_Cross
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,060
    Quick Update on the progress of the box, It was sitting on my desk at work this morning so will spend the next couple of evenings having a poke around in said box and it's contents and hope to have it back in the post by Friday morning at the latest.
    Mr_CrossCCCkiki180703snowhitie
    So it is 1/3rd of the way round in one month, give or take a day. At this rate, it might just be possible to be home for Christmas. Although I've probably jinxed it now.
    catwrangler
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,075
    The box arrived today. I will try to have it on its way again asap, but it's a busy beginning to half-term weekend so I doubt I'll get an opportunity to look at it until Monday. Apologies for any delay, will keep you all updated :-)
    bandit778dmcc0kiki180703catwrangler
    Should be on its way again today. Sorry for the delay.
    CCCbandit778kiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,703
    edited October 2018
    Excited! My turn! Those 5 days where @Mr_Cross had it happily coincided with my birthday weekend, so I didn't notice the delay at all! :-) Unfortunately, it will arrive when our half term starts, but I'll try to get it going before I get bogged down in 'family stuff'.
    dmcc0Mr_Crossbandit778kiki180703
    Guess what? Family stuff happened! Anyway, I have the box and had a great time looking at all the cool parts. I'm about to put it back in the post:

One thing for future robin recipients: the box opens like an architecture set and the front is where the zbox logo is. I had a devil of a time trying to open it without ripping the box! @Mr_Cross was very thorough!
    Shibbandit778Mr_Crossdmcc0Baby_Yodakiki180703catwranglersnowhitieFowlerBricks
    Sharp, tape-cutting object at the ready........ :)
    Mr_CrossSprinkleOtterkiki180703MaffyD
    ^^...and I thought I'd used a minimal amount of tape to cover what was already there! Apologies if I caused any stress with my zealous sellotape ways. The corner had torn again so I tried to reinforce that as best I could.
    Now I come to think of it, I also found it slightly tricky to open too, I blame that @bandit778 ;-) Although, my address was professionally printed and appeared to be laminated to the top of the box!
    You know, it might actually be worth stripping off the extra labels and tape for a bit of weight reduction! I would have done that but time pressures of having the kids at home over half-term dictated otherwise, obviously.
    SprinkleOtterMaffyD
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,060
    Mr_Cross said:

Now I come to think of it, I also found it slightly tricky to open too, I blame that @bandit778 ;-) Although, my address was professionally printed and appeared to be laminated to the top of the box!

I blame me as well...
    ;)
    Mr_CrossSprinkleOtterkiki180703Toc13snowhitieMaffyD
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    Ooh yes, sounds fun.

Can I play please? 
    Ok, so it got sent off yesterday. I did do some stripping of tape etc to make it less weighty/awkward, and the box is still in good shape. I have a delivery reference number and it says 3 working days so @dmcc0 should get it by the weekend! 
    Mr_Cross
    Good stuff, can't wait!
    Mr_CrossMaffyD
    Arrived today. Will have a look over the weekend and get it back on its way in Monday.
    CCCMaffyDbandit778
    As per previous recipients, family stuff got in the way and didn't get a proper look through the contents over the weekend :(  Planning on getting to it this evening though, so hopefully get it back on it's way tomorrow.  Apologies for the delay   
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    Did anyone happen to put a curse in the box when they were trading stuff?
    dmcc0
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    The box is now with me - it spent a few days at the sorting office until I could get it redelivered. A brief inspection had me thinking 'Wow, where did that come from?'

I'll let you know when it's moving again.

PS Should I post a photo of what I keep - seems it would be more interesting for other folks to have the chance to say 'That's what I put in'?
    Or the next person on the list says "I wish he hadn't taken that out" :)
    HugeYellowBrickSprinkleOtterBaby_Yodakiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,450
    If you decide to do this again I'm definitely up for it. Sounds like fun.
    I'll probably do it again after Christmas. I need to build my spares box up again first!
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 384
    Will you come back to this thread, or start a new one? If the latter, be sure to put a heads-up on this one?

I'll let you know when it's moving again.
    Has it moved on?
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 208
    Nothing my end as yet...
    Sorry about the delay. I finally got the box posted this afternoon. The first time the parcel was 2g overweight so I had to go home, reopen it, and take something out.
    CCC
    Thanks for the update.

2g over? Cut a piece of card from the box!

SprinkleOttersid3windrMr_Cross
    ^ Perhaps all the tape is making it heavy.

• COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 208
    Will be picking the parcel up on my way home from work today form the sorting office, first chance I've had this week as OFSTED have been in work sorry (they've had me in feedback meetings till late each day). I will do my best to get it back in the post on Saturday morning.

Apologies again for the delay.
    Mr_Cross
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 576
    The box is with me now; it turned up just as I was leaving for work yesterday, but as it was my work Xmas do last night I've only just had chance to open it. I'll have a look through it today and get it back in the post on Monday at the latest.
    Mr_CrossCOOLEGOCCCkiki180703
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 576
    Okay, so I had a bit of free time today, so I've had a look, made some swaps and taken the box to the Post Office. @historyman, it's on its way!!
    Mr_Crossbandit778HugeYellowBrickCCCkiki180703
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 366
    Very exciting! 
    Any updates? It looks like it won't quite make it home before Christmas, but it was fairly close.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    I passed on my address to historyman the other day. So you're probably right CCC, it'll likely be back to you just after Christmas
    CCC
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 366
    It was posted today - should be with @shib tomorrow.
    CCC
    That will be 12 people in about 12 weeks. Not bad at all. In the words of young Mr Grace, "You've all done very well!"

Mr_Crosssnowhitiecatwrangler
    Box arrived today...who wants to admit to taking out all the system and replacing it with Galidor? :-P

I've had chance to pick a few pieces out, will need to figure out what I’m putting in to replace it. 
    CCC
    Thanks Shib, almost home now! :-)

• SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 550
    Sign me up for the next one!
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    I'd be interested in the next one, too!
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,511
    Me too.
    I'll  sort another one in a month or so.
    Mr_Cross
    CCC suggested I hold onto the box until after Xmas so I've just sorted it for posting off tomorrow. Have to say I struggled to find much in the box that I wanted, there are some terrible quality minifigs in there that I can't believe anyone would put in. 

Nevertheless here's what I nabbed from the box... 

Most of it I have no idea what I'll do with, but the pink fencing is already earmarked for a project. 

I also took a picture of what I put in but I'll hold off sharing that for now. 

When I went to repack the box I found it was significantly over the 2kg, I repackaged stuff, removed some of the unnecessary bags and got it down to just under 2kg - there was actually around 30g just in ziploc bags. 
    FowlerBricks
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 495
    Would be interesting to see what @CCC started with in the box and what is there at the end!
    Brainslugged
    Thanks for the update.
    PJ76uk said:
    Would be interesting to see what @CCC started with in the box and what is there at the end!
    Unfortunately I didn't take photos as I was in a bit of a rush at the start to get it out. I should have done, just to see if any of the original parts went all the way around. Some of the parts are shown in @Salamalex's post (the box's first stop), lots more parts, plus a few poly bags, minifigures and parts, I think I put in a small box set too, etc. It's a bit hard to remember!

Feel free to post feedback about whether it was worthwhile doing, or any suggestions for improvements.

Being the last before it heads home and not being massively impressed with the contents I'd suggest asking people to log what they take out and put in (but not nessesarily posting this pics) so if you are seriously unhappy with the end result it's easier to see if it's unfortunate circumstances or certain individuals taking the mickey - particularly useful if you're thinking of doing more in the future. 
    Mr_Cross
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 495
    Shib said:
    Being the last before it heads home and not being massively impressed with the contents I'd suggest asking people to log what they take out and put in (but not nessesarily posting this pics) so if you are seriously unhappy with the end result it's easier to see if it's unfortunate circumstances or certain individuals taking the mickey - particularly useful if you're thinking of doing more in the future. 
    Easy enough for people to send the organiser (@CCC) a pic of the contents of the box they take and a pic of what they contribute.
    Mr_Crossdmcc0bandit778catwrangler