Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Modular lighting options

haydukehayduke PhiladelphiaMember Posts: 51
I know that this general topic has been covered before but I wasn't able to find a satisfactory answer to my question.

We just completed our second modular (Parisian restaurant to go with Palace Cinema) and we are hooked! My kids wanted to display them in their room, which is great, as otherwise the would have to go into the basement playroom. I got the idea that they would look even better lit up--and would be able to double as a night light.

My main concern is with overall brightness. I would love to be able to dim the lights to an appropriate level for them to sleep, but I am not seeing any options there. A second option would be able to control the lights so that some could on and others off.

Light kits I've found so far are:

• brickloot: higher end of my price range, default to looking way too bright
  • brickstuff: wow, amazing but way more than I'd like to spend
  • aliexpress: I'm pretty sure these are knock-offs and don't like to support that, though the price is right
Non-kit, but possibly a way to DIY my lights with better control:
  • pfx brick
I am certain I am missing options, so if you know of any please let me know! I would be willing to DIY it, though I'd rather not do any soldering. Happy to program a raspberry pi though.

Comments