Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego bag question

HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 222
Hi all, I have been using Brick link to get some missing parts for sets I've picked up at car boots etc and have been loving it, spent so much so far.  
The question I have is there an easy way of finding out what is individual bags of Lego for example if there are 5 bags numbered 1 to 5 and I'm missing bags 1 and 2 can I find out what parts are in those bags so I can order those parts only.

I have looked around on Brick link but have either over looked it or am in wrong section.

An advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,410
    The only way I know is to download the instructions, find the appropriate bag, and manually list the parts from the instructions. 
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 449
    Yeah, don't know of any lists of what's meant to be in each bag. Either go by the instructions or open that bags and use BrickStock to load up the set's inventory and remove parts that you already have. Handily you can easily take a parts list from BrickStock and upload it to a Bricklink wanted list.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,497
    Lego actually has this on record. Get on to them and they should be able to email you a parts list per bag. Helped me when I got a Caterham with everything except 1 bag.
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 222
    @Coolguy5000 Is there a specific email address to mail to? thanks in advance. I'll have a look at there website as well.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,497
    Hob said:
    @Coolguy5000 Is there a specific email address to mail to? thanks in advance. I'll have a look at there website as well.
    If you go to lego shop site and go to customer service, there will be email, phone number and live chat details which will get you in touch with them.
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 473
    I had a bag missing from the Winter Train Station. I emailed Customer Service and explained I was missing easily identified parts. They could identify the bag and sent me a new one.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 449
    Ha, well that's good to know!
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,701
    Ah, thank goodness this thread is about parts in bags, and not foods in bags... Not sure my sides could take another round of that...
    sid3windrM_BossBaby_Yoda
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,073
    I was I was just about to ask about using LEGO boxes as luggage because my wife hides mine :)
    SprinkleOtterM_BossBaby_Yoda