Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
Recent discussions • Categories
eBay Business account questions
Like many of us I sell some Lego on eBay to assist with funding the hobby. I am currently listed as a private seller with above average rating. My sales typically consist of new minifigs split from sets where I'll either use or sell the parts.
I understand that as I am selling new items I should change my account to a business user and I'm trying to asses if that's something I want to do or whether to just stop selling. So if I may I'd like to ask a couple of questions.
1. Do I need to have a registered business with HMRC to define myself as a business seller on eBay?
2. If I define myself as a business seller on eBay is this somehow flagged to HMRC
3. What are the benefits of being a Top Rated Seller?
4. Will I cease to get free listings as a business seller?
5. Do I need a business paypal account?
6. If I have a business paypal account do I qualify for micropayments?
7. Will I get reduced fees from paypal?
8. Do you qualify for any other discounts from eBay? Sales are only around £100 pm
Really appreciate any input.