Like many of us I sell some Lego on eBay to assist with funding the hobby. I am currently listed as a private seller with above average rating. My sales typically consist of new minifigs split from sets where I'll either use or sell the parts.
I understand that as I am selling new items I should change my account to a business user and I'm trying to asses if that's something I want to do or whether to just stop selling. So if I may I'd like to ask a couple of questions.
1. Do I need to have a registered business with HMRC to define myself as a business seller on eBay?
2. If I define myself as a business seller on eBay is this somehow flagged to HMRC
3. What are the benefits of being a Top Rated Seller?
4. Will I cease to get free listings as a business seller?
5. Do I need a business paypal account?
6. If I have a business paypal account do I qualify for micropayments?
7. Will I get reduced fees from paypal?
8. Do you qualify for any other discounts from eBay? Sales are only around £100 pm
Really appreciate any input.