Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Doors 24054

pasat14pasat14 AustraliaMember Posts: 44
Hey, am wanting to use these doors in a moc: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=146395#T=C&C=88
Does any one know what i could use to attach them? The sets they're used in use a massive whole piece arch.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,763
    On that link it tells you what frames they fit.
    DeMontes
  • pasat14pasat14 AustraliaMember Posts: 44
    Yeah but i dont want to use those large arch ways, am trying to integrate them into a castle build.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,395
    You'll probably struggle to find a proper clip fitting for them that will allow them to be opened and closed aside from those Juniors panels. 

If you don't mind them not opening and they are only going to be seen from one side then the stud on the face of them is probably your best bet. 

If you only don't want to use the pieces that those two sets show because the prints aren't appropriate for your build there is a castle print version

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=131223#T=C&C=86

• Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 401
    Do the columns on the door that clip into the frame have a bar sized diameter? Does a plate or brick with a clip attach to them?
    Thanks for the ideas Shib, i saw that castle piece but am being rather fussy with my build. I like the idea of the stud in the front if i cant find anything else tho.

Addicted, the diameter is smaller than a bar unfortunately, that was my first thought too!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,559
    I had the opposite problem a few years back, having the arch and wanting to find doors to fit!

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,220
    Could you not use part 2554 instead?
    Lego Door 1 x 3 x 6 Curved Top
    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=148#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}
    It's only slightly smaller but a lot easier to attach .
    Yeah thats what im using at the moment but they look out of proportion. May end up sticking with them tho as theres not many options!
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 546
    Have you considered building your own brickbuilt doors?
    FowlerBricks
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,001
    Almost looks like you could use 1x1 plates with clips on them (though they may not open completely if those are used)
    PJ7, yep i have and thats certainly another option. Am just trying to utilize what i have atm.
    Madforlego, yeah they're just a little too thin for the clips
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,129
    edited August 2018
    I've never handled those doors in person, and can't tell really well from the sets they are in, but I had a thought. 

Could you potentially use a 1x1 round plate with open stud? You could use one on the bottom of the door, and then figure out out to have another mounted upside down so the open stud was facing downward at the top? I'm not sure if the "pins" that slide into the large arch piece would fit into the open studs or not? But that could create some sort of holder which would allow for free movement of the door piece. 

Just a thought...and maybe not a good one. But something!