Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Deadpool Duck SDCC Value

rampantsullyrampantsully The Emirates Stadium Member Posts: 76
Can i ask what a reasonable price for this is? i have had it up for sale on various sites, some interest but no firm offers. It has 2 slight dents in the blister on the r/h side, which i appreciate will affect value.Please see pictures.
FowlerBricks

Comments

• Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 566
    A quick ebay search shows anywhere between 200-260
  • rampantsullyrampantsully The Emirates Stadium Member Posts: 76
    That's what I did, and that's what I came up with, but can't get anywhere near even the lowest valuation, so thought I'd check on here
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,944
    Gooker1 said:
    I assume that’s asking price, not what they actually have sold for?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,023
    Start at $1 and you will get a very good measure of the current market price.

oldtodd33
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,322
    Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Too many people get fooled into asking too much by past sales. The dents are probably what are driving people away. If you really want to sell it and aren't screwing around then start lower than most auctions and sell it at auction knowing you will get the most someone is willing to pay at the time. 
    obi_g
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 566
    edited August 2018
    Gooker1 said:
    I assume that’s asking price, not what they actually have sold for?

Those are sold for prices.  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lego+sdcc+2017+deadpool+duck&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

After scrolling through the first 5 or so, you'll see some below 200 but that was a couple weeks ago.  that search is based on recent "Sold"
    Astrobrickscaterham7
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,199
    edited August 2018
    If you want a better price, wait a month or two. If you want max value, my pieces always sold best in the spring.

You're selling at the worst time to try and sell SDCC exclusives. Most of the people that would be interested in your piece are fresh off buying this years exclusives. Shortly after the conference is always the market low for the year.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,128
    Deadpool Duck Median EBay/Bricklink sale prices that I collected. @samiam391 gave some good advice. Bricklink only sees a fraction of transactions as compared to eBay, usually international.

7/17 $240
    8/17 $201
    12/17 $170
    1/18 $216
    3/18 $267
    4/18 $230
    5/18 $227
    6/18 $225
    7/18 $260
    8/18 $214
    alldarker