Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Edinburgh AFOL Meet Ups - 4th Sept, 13th Nov + 2019

DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 517
Hello folks who are either in Edinburgh or can make it to Edinburgh.

With the end of the Festival with sight at last we are organising a few more AFOL meet ups in Edinburgh. All on a Tuesday starting at 7pm lasting till whenever we all need to get home.

Venue isThe Counting House, 38 W Nicolson St, Edinburgh EH8 9DD.

We will get a room to ourselves with tables and a bar - and the pub manager is also an AFOL so win-win. Food is also available so if you want to make it your dinner venue you won't miss out!

Dates are
4th September
13th November
15th January (2019)
12th March (2019)
14th May (2019)
30th July (2019)

raygunnCommanderRaab

Comments

• audaveraudaver ScotlandMember Posts: 13
    I can't make the September one as Garbage are playing that night but I'll have to see about wandering over for the November one.
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 517
    edited August 2018
    audaver said:
    I can't make the September one as Garbage are playing that night.
    That's a bit...... (Wait for it) ..... (Incoming Dad joke).... rubbish! (not seeing Garbage just the fact you can't make it along)

Hope to see you in November!
    560Heliport
  • audaveraudaver ScotlandMember Posts: 13
    A terrible pun but somehow befitting LEGO. I shall reply with a quote from Rick and Morty "I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT. GOOD JOB" :-P
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 847
    I would say Doug's jokes are much funnier in person but that may or may not be a lie! 

In general the Edin meets are a lot of fun, a good laugh and new people always welcome.  I really need to sort Glasgow dates too but I'm never that organised
    nexander said:
    I would say Doug's jokes are much funnier in person but that may or may not be a lie! 

And now I have the line for my Fringe poster next year of my 1 technic cog (out of five) show....

If folks are always wishing they could make the Edinburgh AFOL nights but Tuesday evenings are a pain... we might have something special to announce soon for the first weekend of December. (Hint if it comes to pass bring your wallet)

Lego_Star
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,832
    Tuesday evenings aren't the pain, the train timetable and it's reliability are ;o)
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,219
    Ooo, I've got a conference at Surgeon's Hall on the 13th so that sounds perfect!
    All AFOLS welcome on the 13th of Nov.
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 406
    Hopefully I'll be able to make it on Tuesday.
    DougTemplar
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 406
    Sorry Doug. The car went into the garage today and isn't coming out till tomorrow. Have a good night and, fingers crossed, will see you on the 2nd.
    DougTemplar
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 579
    oh blast was this last night? I had to work late late late :(
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 847
    ^ditto! Pop along on the 2nd though if you can, while not a meetup as such I think there are a few afols coming along for some chat etc.  Some of us will be stuck behind our tables for the day though!
    A reminder we are back on Tuesday 15th January 2019... So hope to see many of you there!
    A reminder we are back on the 12th of March!
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB