Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

My Disney Castle Project... Any ideas??

Short version... looking for ideas/suggestions for an overall Disney Castle display. Thread modeled after the My Winter Village Project thread... 

I like to  set up seasonal/overall displays. Winter Village, winter, Halloween, Ninjago Spring/Dragons, etc.

We finally built the Disney Castle this summer. It is a wonderful center piece, but I really want other pieces to go with it. 
I have the Disney Castle. I have all the Disney CMFs, and some duplicates. I have probably 20 Toy Story aliens as well. 
I have the one train that looks an awful lot like a monorail.

I am drawing a blank, though, on what I can either repurpose/reuse to help create an overall display, or build. 

I may may need to back off a bit, and really just use this as a single display piece, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions , or anything they have done, to round this out into a larger display. 

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,957
    I see two obvious options; reality or fantasy. Surround it with the rest of Disneyland (whichever one you prefer), or with a nice disneyfied medieval village.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,220
    For an off the wall idea, instead of adding to the existing set with other builds, how about a large mosaic of the film logo background to stand the set in front of?
    Image result for disney film logo
    stluxtamamahmgmonkey76snowhitieInfinityman
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,391
    @bandit778 I wanted to put a picture of Disneyland fireworks behind my Disney Castle (well, technically my wife's), but our idea of a mosaic sound more Lego-like and hence better! More work, but better!
    bandit778sid3windrsnowhitie
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,220
    edited August 2018
    @stlux
    Could be a big project.

Obviously the castle would have to go. :)
    stluxFowlerBricks
  • haydukehayduke PhiladelphiaMember Posts: 55
    I gotta say, I love the seasonal rotation idea. Winter village sets got me back into lego, but it wasn’t enough. Spend 9 months out of the year without building?

So, the next logical step was to pay way too much for a #10228 Haunted Mansion for this year’s Halloween, plus all the monster CMFs.

Come Spring, a Disney setup would make a lot of sense! Looking forward to following this thread!
    tamamahm
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    Thanks. I really like the mosaic idea. I need to think of that is doable where I display. There is a staircase behind the shelf. 

I have not decide code if I want to go real or fantasy, which I suspect is part of the problem. 

Yes, the seasonal rotation is great. Last year, I even put away winter village and put out a winter theme, I have built from various Creator, Friends and our own designed sets.

The Carnival theme makes a great display for summer. One of my kids has already suggested the idea of decorating the Disney Castle for Christmas.
    Switchfoot55
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 698
    I display mine with all my Disney brickheadz aroiar the sides and minifigures throughout, might not be for everyone but I think it looks good
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,395
    My wife has the Disney castle which we had displayed alongside a load of parade floats we'd built as part of a collaboration organised by @LostInTranslation.

It's all being packed up now for Harry Potter stuff
    tamamahm
  • haydukehayduke PhiladelphiaMember Posts: 55
    Probably not what you are going for as scale would be all our of whack--but this could be used as great inspiration for doing your own Disney park MOC: https://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/pyj6VVDwjRq
    garethjedwards
    edited August 2018
    Ugh. Most my comment went into the void. I will have to reply later, but the jist was this has been a very fruitful thread providing a number of ideas I did not have before. I just am undecided which direction to go yet. (and HP stuff is staying packed here because it is for my daughter for Christmas, but Halloween stuff gets pulled out in mid-September)
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,129
    edited August 2018
    ^^My brain can't let go that Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain should be flipped...

Not to take away from a fantastic model!!!

Obviously Tower of Terror (or now Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT!) and Mickey's Fun Wheel (or now Pixar Pal-A-Round) aren't in the park either, so I should just get over it. 

I won't go into other details. The OCD is real folks.
    tamamahm
    @Switchfoot55
    Ha! I know you get my love of display scenes. 
    Switchfoot55
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,129
    @tamamahm, definite love for the display scenes! If my budget allowed, I'd have a year-round display area with stuff to fill it!

I LOVE the idea of decorating the Castle for Christmas! Disney is a big deal in my household. Mixing that and the WV would be epic!

Going off the photos I remember of your WV scene and the approximate space I believe you have, could you somehow recreate the bridge and central plaza? It would be more MOC work than anything. However, you could then use your Disney CMFs to populate the plaza. Photo ops with park visitors, a parade line, stalls and vendors, a little street car, etc... 

I think it would work just as effectively without a bridge between the plaza and castle like it is in real life. Four curved road baseplates would build a nice platform to go from?

I'll keep thinking of what comes to mind (and try not to jump down the rabbit hole myself)
    snowhitietamamahm
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    Get 3 sets to make a full castle :D
    tamamahm
    Yah, that would be pretty awesome @Switchfoot55