#10026 and #5890

mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 263
I found an incomplete #10026 with instructions and plaque with sticker in good condition. Since I am not a star wars fan, I won't be keeping it. I will be digging through the other blocks to find more pieces but some chrome pieces are definitely missing. Just needed some advise. Should I try to complete it though I have never bought anything off bricklink or brickowl. Or should I just list it here as is (don't sell on eBay either).

Additionally, found almost complete #5890. Are there any Belville fans here? After going through the pieces I have new appreciation for Belville as quality of parts and finish are superb although some of it has no connection to other Lego.
FowlerBricks

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    I feel like #10026 with missing chrome parts isn’t really worth much, unless you can BrickLink the missing (expensive) parts and still come out ahead. 
    BumblepantsBaby_Yodamak0137
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,827
    Yeah maybe just sell the chrome parts or other rare bits you do have? Might be a quicker and easier way to get something out of it.
    Baby_Yodamak0137Astrobricks
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,228
    You could even ask around this site and other forums to see if someone's looking for those parts, since you're not familiar with Bricklink or Brickowl.
    mak0137 said:
    Are there any Belville fans here?
    The real question you should be asking is, "Are there any Belville fans at all?"
    mak0137FowlerBricks
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 263

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,459
    I purchased a few chrome pieces from bricks4all  on Rebrickable to complete one of these, and was very happy with the purchase. Some other sellers had original parts, the ones I bought are real LEGO chromed by the seller, but I cannot tell them apart.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=bricks4all#T=A
    If I were keeping it I might have done that. Once I am done looking for parts missing in the bin it came in, this will go to someone who would want it. If it were a classic space set I would have kept it.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    I'm pretty sure we've got Belville fans. Wasn't @LostInTranslation collecting some Belville parts a while back? 
    mak0137
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 424
    edited August 2018
    mak0137 said:

Seriously? There is a typo on the official UCS-plaque of this set?
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 737
    ^They spelt metres wrong too ;-)
    PolyphemusBaby_Yoda
  • PolyphemusPolyphemus Sydney, AustraliaMember Posts: 93
    ^ Lol! Beat me to it...
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 873
    ^ and ^^ Americans used the metric system, quit complaining! :)
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,942
    edited August 2018
    Erm...

From one of those fancy know your words websites....

"For the unit of measurement equaling approximately 1.094 yards, meter is the American spelling, and metre is preferred everywhere else. The same distinction applies to the terms used in poetry and music—meter in American English, and metre everywhere else. Here’s the tricky part: For any type of device (i.e., an actual machine or gadget) designed to measure time, distance, speed, or intensity or to regulate current, meter is the preferred spelling everywhere."

So as @mak0137 comes from Virginia, and I presume the set is  the USA version, the plaque is correct.

(There is no excuse for the Hyberdrive though).  ;)
    mak0137
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 737
    ^now I'm wondering if the non-US versions have the proper spelling of metre.
    ^ and do all plaques of this set state "Hyberdrive"?
    Baby_Yoda
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,459
    mak0137 said:
    ^ and do all plaques of this set state "Hyberdrive"?
    I checked a few on ebay, and the bricklink listing, all pictures have the typo. Bricklink has a note that "some" sticker sheet have the typo. I can't seem to find a picture of one that does not have it spelled wrong.
    mak0137
  • PolyphemusPolyphemus Sydney, AustraliaMember Posts: 93
    dmcc0 said:
    ^now I'm wondering if the non-US versions have the proper spelling of metre.
    My Falcon and Slave 1 use 'meter' despite Australia's preference for UK English.