Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Buying a tote of random Ninjago with no manuals, worth it for about $50us?

bobotechbobotech spokane, wa, usaMember Posts: 25
I have a chance to buy about 8 pounds of random "mostly" ninjago legos with about 20 minifigures but no manuals.   I'm wondering if its worth it for about 50 dollars?  I've never collected or intentionally acquired Ninjago but I just don't want to buy the tote if its just like buying a tote of unwanted Bionicles.  

Comments

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    I would not pay $50 for 8 pounds of Ninjago LEGO personally. Maybe $10 to $15. Max. But that's me.
    bobotechM_Bossgmonkey76Pitfall69
  • bobotechbobotech spokane, wa, usaMember Posts: 25
    Yeah, I enjoy buying a lot of legos at once but normally shy away from sets that aren't "normal" like star wars, city, etc.   I'm intrigued because this lot does look like it has a lot of good parts unlike Bionicles, I'll attach a picture of the lot.  

• mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 263
    Usually my rule is $1 per mini figure and $6 per pound. But I pass if it's not from themes we collect. If you like ninjago or want to explore it seems worth it.
    bobotech
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    I'm seeing a lot of 'chaff' in that bin as well.
    bobotechpharmjodBaby_Yodagmonkey76SprinkleOtter
    I'm not enough of a collector to really know what pieces consist of chaff or not.  I appreciate the remark though, makes me much more apt to pass unless they offer it to me for a much better deal.  

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,228
    I wouldn't buy these "legos", sounds like a knock-off brand. Lego, on the other hand - well, it's Lego. As mentioned above, there appears to be a bit of crap in there (definitely not entirely Ninjago), but if you can haggle the price down...
    SprinkleOtter
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 260
    Not worth it to me, there looks to be a lot of off brand parts in that bin.  Lego to most people is more commonly known than what my folks always called them "blocks". 
    Baby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,228
    That too. People will often innocently refer to Mega Construx and the like as "Lego" - not to be deceitful, but because they simply don't know what else to call them.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    Even with genuine Lego, watch out for how many spinners are in Ninjago lots sold by weight. They are nearly always at the bottom and very heavy.
    pharmjoddatsunrobbie
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,472
    For future reference, Ninjago is a lot more normal than Bionicle, as far as usefulness of the pieces goes. There are a lot of weird little gold bits and swords (and the above mentioned spinners), but otherwise they tend to be typical system parts with various Technic mixed in for the vehicles and moving play features.
    mak0137
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Looks like a box of crap bricks to me. Wouldn't even pay $10.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76pharmjod
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 986
    CCC said:
    Even with genuine Lego, watch out for how many spinners are in Ninjago lots sold by weight. They are nearly always at the bottom and very heavy.
    PRO TIP!
    pharmjodmak0137Baby_Yodadatsunrobbiejonmdudley
    Thanks everyone for all the info.  I passed on the type . I'll find other better Legos to purchase in the future. :)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,472
    Of course it never hurts to offer them what you would be willing to pay. Because of the high price they may not have had much interest.