Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Volcano picture

DianneDianne VulcanMember Posts: 19
Would anyone know how to build this?

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,206
    Looks like it is out of one of the numerous '3rd party' LEGO books out there.
    I would think that most of that is seen now and one could reverse engineer it, or you make one of your own (it is LEGO after all).

Or, you can write to the author of the book or the company to ask if someone can provide the instructions, but If it is in a '3rd party' produced book, LEGO will not have instructions for it, and likely no one here will have the instructions for it, but people in the forum have surprised me before).
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,382
    Dianne said:
    Would anyone know how to build this?
    Yes, it could be worked out. Trial and error - you have a good picture of it, so go for it!
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    From the text it looks like the book is showing you how to build Lego dinosaurs too.
    Wonder if it's the Lego Adventure Book by Megan Rothrock or maybe Brick by Brick dinosaurs by Warren Elsmore?

Just guessing though.  Like other have said - grab a handful of grey, red and yellow bricks and start building!
  • DianneDianne VulcanMember Posts: 19
    I will build by trial and error
    FowlerBricksbrickventuresDeMontesbgl_84oldtodd33
  • HenkdeVriesHenkdeVries NetherlandsMember Posts: 64
    Looks like there is at least one BURP in there, on the top right side you can see it, so you can grab a few of those, stack them up and add grey bricks to hide them.
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 368
    Several BURPs, look at all the hollow studs on the left too.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,719
    LURPS, not BURPS.
    some kind of URBS in any case. I need to update my acronym knowledge, thought they were Big and Large Ugly Rock Pieces, which is odd now that I typed it out... ;-)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,224
    some kind of URBS in any case. I need to update my acronym knowledge, thought they were Big and Large Ugly Rock Pieces, which is odd now that I typed it out... ;-)
    Like SUB-URBS?
    HenkdeVries
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 881
    Just did a quick one, having the BURP does help. :)

eanairHenkdeVries
    Nice!
    Recce
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 881
    Nice!
    Thanks. It's pretty straightforward as the image is clear enough to duplicate the model, though my quick fix is not as deep and also 1 stud narrower at the side.