Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ordering '1st day release' sets from Lego.com, then discovering them 27% cheaper on Amazon

2»

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Staying in the thread of "returning items":
    - I know of a couple of people who have returned items (to Costco) solely purchased for a vacation like scuba masks, etc.
    - I have been told by Target employees (even at the Customer Service counter) that Lego sets can be opened and returned

These actions are allowed under their return policies.
    Ethically, it's disturbing if people habitually (ab)use the policy to gain an advantage especially if the intent was never to keep but to return the item after use, getting an item they want from a blind box/bag, etc.

• PolyphemusPolyphemus Sydney, AustraliaMember Posts: 94
    edited August 2018
    @catwrangler - You'd be surprised by what some people will try. I used to work in a music instrument shop and we used to get customers who would buy a PA system on a Friday and try to return it on Monday having clearly used it for a party in between. We had people try the same stunt with brass instruments and guitars, using them for gigs. Unfortunately for them we were a small independent shop with a pretty streetwise boss so our return policy was "Get the eff out!"

In regards to the OP, I spotted the last of the new Arctic sets I needed, #60195, for 20% off a few weeks ago. I bought it thinking it probably wouldn't be that cheap again until Christmas. Just spotted it tonight in my local Big W for 35% off. Kinda shocked it was that cheap already. Then I  was annoyed.
    catwrangler
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    Lego have a 90 day return policy, so you can always buy on day 1 and build it. Then if the price drops anywhere within 90 days, you can buy a new set from that store and return it to Lego with the original receipt from them. The joys of their return policy.
  • alaskaguyalaskaguy Member Posts: 335
    SparkyHam said:
    Thoughts on this? Is it worth complaining/returning-the-sets to Lego?
    I guess I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

You made a purchase, happy with the price you paid.  Later, you find out someone has it cheaper.  What is there to complain about - and to whom?  Do you want to complain to the seller about the price you paid?  You knew the price when you paid it and agreed to it. How can you complain?  You want to complain to the second seller about their lower price?  What are you going to say - they should charge more?  I mean...honestly.

Just return the purchase from seller #1 and buy from seller #2....and next time, don't be so anxious to order.