Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Kessell mine worker and Han Solo Mudtrooper Polybags

HeisenbergHeisenberg ScotlandMember Posts: 4
Does anyone know when and how these will become available? They have been appearing on eBay and I'm wondering where these sellers are getting their stock from.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,177
    In the US, it appears that they will be LEGOLAND park and Discovery Center FWP promos.
    Not sure what that means for overseas, as there are still TRUs open there.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg ScotlandMember Posts: 4
    That's good to know. The DJ minifigure ended up as a gift with purchase for Tesco in the uk. I was hoping these might be similar but it's hard to tell. Really don't want to pay the inflated prices.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,234
    When are these going to be available?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,687
    ^ Before August 22nd I hope.
    Pitfall69 said:
    When are these going to be available?
    Apparently are already available at LEGOLAND. My guess is that they will be at LDCs at some point
    Legoboy said:
    ^ Before August 22nd I hope.
    Ha!!!
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,172
    Hopefully going to LL this week, so I'll keep my eyes open for them
    GothamConstructionCo
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 436
    I purchased them both together from eBay, postmark on the package came from Germany.. I find it cheaper doing this than having to purchase something that I don’t really want to get them free.. 
    Pitfall69gmonkey76
    This kids want to go to LDC soon, so I might bite the bullet and take a trip there. How much are these minifigures?
    My guess is they are with gift with purchase, likely 50 dollars and you get one. Not sure if both are available yet (or even one for that matter) you may want to phone first
  • ArpieArpie UKMember Posts: 28
    Are these in the same range as DJ, Scariff Trooper, etc and have the joined up bases and card backs?  If so I'm interested as to when they finally make it over to Europe.
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,000
    ^Yep- part of the same range

ArpieFowlerBricks
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 627
    DJ took a long time to make it across the Atlantic, but he got here finally. Hopefully these guys won't be any different.
    Heisenberg
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,026
    edited July 2018
    They don't appear to be particularly rare internationally, but I'm going to wait and see if there's a way to get them legitimately in Australia. I can dream, after all...
    Heisenberg
    Not at LDC in Schaumburg IL this past Saturday
    gmonkey76
    They seem to be available in Germany. Or at least allot of the sellers on eBay are from Germany. I think I will be patient and wait. Don't fancy paying £20plus for the pair.
  • jlpythonjlpython ILLINOIS, USAMember Posts: 77
    These were still not at the LDC in Schaumburg this past Thursday either ... 
    gmonkey76madforLEGO
    jlpython said:
    These were still not at the LDC in Schaumburg this past Thursday either ... 
    Good to know, I had not gotten up to the LDC or LEGO Store for a few weeks now (trying to save a bit of money)
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 658
    Is there a Force Friday this September?
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 551
    flord said:
    Is there a Force Friday this September?
    I doubt it because there aren't any films to plug heavily like there were with Force Awakens, Rogue One and Last Jedi, which all came out before Christmas and were given a good couple of months to shift toys beforehand. Didn't we have another alliterative name already this year as well for the release of the Solo merchandise anyway? Wookiee Wednesday or Solo Saturday or something.

Disney are going to keep hyping Star Wars Resistance for the time being - but I think we would've heard by now if there was going to be an Autumn release of any sets to do with it. Any sets for Resistance will come into January instead and it seems there will be a handful.

I expect there will be some sort of additional Star Wars promotions, at least twice before the end of the year from Shop @ Home. Black Card holders haven't got anything so far this year that would outweigh the value of the physical card itself (unless you're the one person to win the white gold R2-D2). The DJ polybag recently reappeared in my local Tescos as well so that is well and truly a kick in the teeth in terms of 'exclusives'. 

I really like these two Solo polybags as well...
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 627
    ^DJ polybag reappeared? They haven't stopped warming the shelves at my local Tescos for the past several months. I even bought a reduced battlepack the other day and didn't even think/remember to try to claim yet another free DJ. Not sure if the promo would still stand, but the shelf label does still say GWP on it so it's worth a shot if anyone else is so inclined.
    The banana juice bar appeared in Legoland a few months before then appearing as a GWP for [email protected] so here's hoping they're gradually setting up for a release of this more widely. Either way, the more avenues for purchasing the better because it should drive secondary prices down slightly.
    stluxFowlerBricks
    Fireheart said:
    I purchased them both together from eBay, postmark on the package came from Germany.. I find it cheaper doing this than having to purchase something that I don’t really want to get them free.. 
    I've ended up doing the same. Managed to get them on the German site and it ended up a wee bit less paying in Euro than in sterling or dollars. It seems to be the same seller who has most of the stock.  Checking some German Lego sites these don't seem to have been released in Germany although reviews have been done as far back as June these have been purchased from eBay. There have been thousands sold on the site so I'm wondering if these have been bought as a bulk Lott from a promotion that never went ahead?  It seems odd that they weren't released in stores when the solo movie came out.

Its good to see that they will be released in Lego brand stores but factoring in travel and paying retail in seperarate promotions theres is a premium you pay in getting them for free. 
    edited September 2018
    Looks like Han Solo Mudtrooper polybag is confirmed as a GWP for October 2018 in a store events calendar from the US. Threshold is only $35 so I guess £30 which is encouraging. Perhaps the Kessel Mine worker will be a black VIP thing still. I don't see TLG doing another polybag promotion for general release after October this year.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76Hanzo
  • All_That_RocksAll_That_Rocks UKMember Posts: 625
    edited September 2018
    The black VIP benefits have been an absolute disgrace so far and does not warrant the hype Lego promoted. Let's hope that this is at least part of those alleged benefits.
    kbwSeanTheCollector
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    So, should I just drop the $17.99 on this guy now, or is there still a chance LEGO runs it as a promo like muddy Han?  It would be great if it was a black VIP thing, but based on the track record I'm not holding my breath.