Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Palm tree elements

eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 333
In the near future, I am going to rebuild the sets from my youth with my eldest (sets from 1983-1994 approx). One of the themes I have sets of is Pirates, and these include palmtrees, mostly consisting of parts no's 2536, 2563 and 2566, topped with 6148 and 4032a.

In the end of my active play with these sets, the integrity of the trunks of the palmtrees became less and less, and the trees started sagging. Therefore, I set to get new parts 2536 and 2563. Unavailable on BnP; very little availability on BL, as I will need about 30 or 40 of 2536.

Does anyone know when the stopped producing these (as I assume)? Newer sets do feature 6148 (see also the new "green plastic"-box), but when used as a tree mostly with brick build trunks, which I consider to be ungainly, especially compared to the original trunks.
catwrangler

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,315
    edited July 2018
    The palm tree trunks haven't been made for almost 15 years now. It is a shame as they are far nicer than the brick built versions.

If your trunks are sagging a bit, try putting some clear nail varnish around the base of the stem. That way you can keep the trunks a bit more upright.

Edit: sorry for wording, innuendos not intentional!

SprinkleOtterBOBJACK_JACKBOBcatwrangler
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 333
    I Lol'ed. Thanks for the suggestions, will try soon.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB