The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

New Duplo Train Sets: Easy come, easy go

I've been waiting and waiting for the new duplo track accessory sets to be available for sale in the US:
  • 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks
  • 10882 Train Tracks
I had been checking around every week.  Yesterday, I noticed Walmart.com had 7 of one and 6 of the other.  So I bought 4 of one and 5 of the other (leaving them with 3 and 1 respectively).  I just happened to check today, and I see they are now out of stock (but mine show shipped with a tracking number).  Pays to act fast I guess!

No one else seems to have them in the U.S. They don't even show up at Lego.com at all (US region).  Not sure what's up with that, or why Walmart.com had a few....but as long as they show up as promised, I guess I shouldn't care.

davetheoxygenman

Comments

• MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 922
    ^Cant comment on ANYTHING related to this other than the fact it warps my brain to see what train products release for Duplo while ignoring system...

• alaskaguyalaskaguy Member Posts: 279
    What do you mean? Duplo has almost nothing for trains compared to regular Legos.
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,071
    The bridge is massive. I bought it (in England) for a display and it was so big it could barely fit on my display table. I am currently a bit obsessed with Duplo Trains. Just love them. 
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 922
    alaskaguy said:
    What do you mean? Duplo has almost nothing for trains compared to regular Legos.
    In the last decade Duplo has had;
    -  three licensed train products (Thomas, Toy Story, Disney/Mickey)
    - Multiple level crossings (with barriers) released more frequently than system. 
    - Bridge/ line elevation system.
    - A moulded tunnel (well they call it a mine)
    - a VERY solid buffer system. That genuinely works.
    - Automated audio carriages and now activation tiles.
    - Multiple moulds for steam, freight and passenger trains.
    - a frickin ZOO train (albeit simple)
    - multiple crane systems in several mould iterations.
    - at least a dozen large, train specific moulded parts (that have been rarely used elsewhere).

This is just what I can think of off the top of my head - I'll admit I may be biased because I'm a system guy but you'll have a hard time convincing me that TLG don't show Duplo PLENTY of train love...
    gmonkey76stluxOnebricktoomanymadforLEGOGeordiePaulSirBensid3windr
    alaskaguy said:
    In the last decade Duplo has had;
    -  three licensed train products (Thomas, Toy Story, Disney/Mickey)
    - Multiple level crossings (with barriers) released more frequently than system. 
    - Bridge/ line elevation system.
    - A moulded tunnel (well they call it a mine)
    - a VERY solid buffer system. That genuinely works.
    - Automated audio carriages and now activation tiles.
    - Multiple moulds for steam, freight and passenger trains.
    - a frickin ZOO train (albeit simple)
    - multiple crane systems in several mould iterations.
    - at least a dozen large, train specific moulded parts (that have been rarely used elsewhere).

This is just what I can think of off the top of my head - I'll admit I may be biased because I'm a system guy but you'll have a hard time convincing me that TLG don't show Duplo PLENTY of train love...
    I guess we look for different things.
    But what I am really interested to find out is if these two sets are released in the U.S. or not....and whether Walmart had a few grey market units that they sold.
    edited July 10
    As a side note, I just ordered the Lego 10874 Steam Train from Amazon.com...and it doesn't seme to be available anywhere else in the U.S. (at RRP or better), or from Lego.com (U.S.) itself.