Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2018 City Arctic in-store availability in the USA?

luaptsluapts United StatesMember Posts: 5
The 2018 City Arctic line hasn’t hit the shelves of Target or Walmart in my area (I’m in the Twin Cities, Minnesota) even though they were released over a month ago in the USA. They ARE available in my local LEGO Store, and I can find them on Target, Walmart and Amazon’s websites. Does anyone know why they haven’t hit the stores shelves? Just curious. I want this line to be popular so LEGO keeps making them in the future!

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,391
    Target has condensed their Lego Aisles to 1.5 for Lego at most of my Targets.
    I think it just comes down to shelf space.
    With summer clearance sales making room for your City Arctic sets most likely.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 474
    I wonder if they use online sales to decide how many to stock in-store. My nearest Target is remodeling, and the toy section has aisles that are shorter and run perpendicular to each other, rather than just several parallel aisles. It seems to be more floor space and less shelves. A result of increasing online sales?
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 260
    Target is in there summer toy markdowns right now and will be resetting toys at the begging of  August with all the new toys for Christmas. 
  • luaptsluapts United StatesMember Posts: 5
    I guess my other concern is whether this will become a pattern, where the newest sets won’t be available on store shelves. I don’t expect Target and Walmart to carry every new set on the release date, but the City line is pretty mainstream and Arctic sets’ slow roll-out is surprising. 
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 49
    I noticed the Arctic series absent at my local Meijer (central Indiana) as well, though they also are starting to put some stuff on sale presumably to clear shelf space. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,728
    They haven’t reduced shelf space near me (also in twin cities), and I did see three new Harry Potter sets on the shelves yesterday, so they aren’t holding back on every new wave. I also remember the Jurassic World and TLNM sets showing up right on time. I have noticed a reduction in space devoted to City, Creator, and especially Technic lines. Too many licensed themes to make room for, I guess.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,391
    They haven’t reduced shelf space near me (also in twin cities), and I did see three new Harry Potter sets on the shelves yesterday, so they aren’t holding back on every new wave. I also remember the Jurassic World and TLNM sets showing up right on time. I have noticed a reduction in space devoted to City, Creator, and especially Technic lines. Too many licensed themes to make room for, I guess.
    The HP sets were stocked at the Electronics counter.
    Most of the high demand items or those that are popular and easily stolen are placed there.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,728
    Most of the high demand items or those that are popular and easily stolen are placed there.
    Sounds like Targets near you take more precautions than around here. Do your Walmarts lock everything up?
    Sounds like Targets near you take more precautions than around here. Do your Walmarts lock everything up?
    Only one does.
    The hottest toys get placed prominently on the counter presumably to draw attention to them as well as safeguard them