Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

952/851 Tractor Hitch Change?

cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 262
I've decided to Bricklink the old 1977 Technic "Massey Ferguson" tractor 952/851, and I've downloaded the instructions from Peeron. The problem is that Bricklink mentions a change during production was made, strengthening the three point hitch. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=851-1#T=I

Do the Peeron instructions reflect this change, and if not, how exactly do I make the change? I plan to make some implements for it as well, and I'd like them to be able to handle whatever I put on there. 

Comments

• IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,100
    Unfortunately Peeron is on life supports.  No one is maintaining the database any longer (not that I can tell).  On their page it says last change "Jan. 01, 2018"... but it's been many years before this one that anything resembling regular support for that page has been provided... sadly.
  • aapaap GermanyMember Posts: 7

Comparing the instructions with the scan on worldbricks.com shows that the instructions from peeron/picsl reflects this change: the two vertical four stud technic bricks at the rear axle are missing in the first version.

This set was my first technic set and brought me back from the dark ages fifteen years ago.