Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] TRU $10 off $50 Jan 8-14

2»

Comments

• DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2012
    ^ I've never tried it, but the fine print on my r us dollars says it works both in store and online.

BTW, I just received the r us dollars for purchases after 12/12. They expire on 1/28. If you haven't, definitely email TRU's customer service.
  • CCLINCCLIN United StatesMember Posts: 23
    Not sure if it's YMMV, but at my local TRU had City, SW and Cars sets for buy 1 get 1 50% off (Friday through Monday), stacking on top of the $10 off $50. So between the offers and my reward bucks I was able to walk out with 2 8404 Public Transports for $103...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    In looking at the ad for next week it appears there aren't any LEGO sales. So Saturday may be your best bet for doing $10 off $50 and spending your rewards. Unless you want to roll the die and hope for a sale the following week.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    My local TRU has the Hoth Rebel Battle Pack for $16.99. Yep, the same one Walmart clearanced out at $6 a couple weeks ago. Also had about a dozen SW Advent Calendars labeled as $39.99 and $49.99. Didn't bother to verify because either way it's a ripoff. IT'S 2 WEEKS INTO JANUARY. DISCOUNT THEM.
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    Swung by TRU and found multiple Wreaths/Snowmen, was disappointed to find they were not market with the Christmas clearance (which is now 90%). Last year I got stacks of Snowmen/Christmas Tree sets for 40 cents a bag since they were included in the seasonal clearance.

Used $45 in rewards/Lego bucks on the last AT-AT in the store...found it hidden behind some clone turbo tanks, box is not the best but I was happy to find it! I was actually planning on snagging a Venator with my funds, as this store had a lone one before Christmas (out of the way on a high shelf) and nobody in the area seems to care about Lego (at least for this store), but it was gone.
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    My TRU had almost nothing on the shelves. I ended up getting (5) of 5929, getting the $10 off, plus $25 in Rewards, plus another $3 coupon. Final total about $18 out the door, for $50 worth of Lego. If I don't use the sets for parts, I'll donate them somewhere.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Absolutely nothing at my TRU. I wasted a half hour trying to find something worthwhile. :o(
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I got lucky and found the Super Heroes Funhouse Escape set, which I paired with a small Ninjago set to reach $50.

I also took 17 photos, comparing regular MSPR prices with Toys R Us' premium pricing. Some really extreme markups:

http://brickupdate.com/toys-r-us-and-lego-pricing/
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Lucky you, at least your store had stuff!
    I got a Batcave for $19.80 after discount, r us dollars and gift cards.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
    Absolutely nothing at my TRU. I wasted a half hour trying to find something worthwhile. :o(
    Yeah I noticed the TRU I went to was pretty cleared out..
    Also noticed that the boxes for the Passenger trains I got were both beat up.. I weighed them both and found out that one was about 6 oz less than the other... Does anyone have a 7938 Passenger train (sealed box) that they can weigh?
    I am a bit baffled by this, mostly because the seals really do look untouched and I am debating whether of not to just return the one lesser one for an even exchange explaining that it is weighing less than the other, or if I should just bite the bullet and open it and if any parts are missing, call LEGO.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933

Used $45 in rewards/Lego bucks on the last AT-AT in the store...found it hidden behind some clone turbo tanks, box is not the best but I was happy to find it!
    Nice pickup.. I was really hoping to find an AT-AT by me but sadly all the had were Hoth playsets.
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    I need to go to TRU today, I have $50 in rewards to spend and want to do it while the $10 off $50 is still valid, hopefully they have some decent stock
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    I need to go to TRU today, I have $50 in rewards to spend and want to do it while the $10 off $50 is still valid, hopefully they have some decent stock
    I thought the 10 off 50 ended yesterday...do you show it ends today instead? If so, I should be heading over there as well I suppose. Thanks.

@tk79: The $10 off $50 does end today. It was part of last weeks ad and the 4 day Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday (US).
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    @tk79, yes the sale is still good through today, for the 4 day sale
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Good deal, thanks @starfire2 & @choob99