Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Type of bricks for water effect

landolando Member Posts: 104
for the water effect are the 1x1 round my best bet and is eBay a good place to buy I need a lot 

Comments

• milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 388
    Worth checking out the online manual for 70620, Ninjago City, and looking at the technique used for the water effect with that. It uses transparent blue tiles over solid ones to give a very good impression of water and varying depth.

I've always found Ebay far more expensive than Bricklink or directly from Lego, but you might strike lucky.
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 607
    There are loads of different effects for creating water with LEGO, it's personal preference which you decide is "best" for what you're building.  Assuming by 1x1 round you are planning to "parts dump" like #21313 Ship in a bottle to create the effect?

I'd guess eBay would work out rather expensive for buying loads of 1x1 round plates/tiles and unlikely you'll find someone actually selling them in large quantities.

Best bet would be to have a look at LEGO Bricks and Pieces, BrickLink or BrickOwl and compare prices there.  Not sure if those types of parts show up on the Pick A Brick wall at LEGO brand stores at all, but if you have a store nearby you could check that out too - you'd get quite a few in a Pick a Brick Cup!
  • landolando Member Posts: 104
    dmcc0 said:
    There are loads of different effects for creating water with LEGO, it's personal preference which you decide is "best" for what you're building.  Assuming by 1x1 round you are planning to "parts dump" like #21313 Ship in a bottle to create the effect?

I'd guess eBay would work out rather expensive for buying loads of 1x1 round plates/tiles and unlikely you'll find someone actually selling them in large quantities.

Best bet would be to have a look at LEGO Bricks and Pieces, BrickLink or BrickOwl and compare prices there.  Not sure if those types of parts show up on the Pick A Brick wall at LEGO brand stores at all, but if you have a store nearby you could check that out too - you'd get quite a few in a Pick a Brick Cup!
    Yes the effect same as ship In a bottle. And your probably right it would cost quite a lot buying lots of them. 
  • landolando Member Posts: 104

milamber said:
    Worth checking out the online manual for 70620, Ninjago City, and looking at the technique used for the water effect with that. It uses transparent blue tiles over solid ones to give a very good impression of water and varying depth.

I've always found Ebay far more expensive than Bricklink or directly from Lego, but you might strike lucky.

Ok thank you will check out the ninjago city 
    milamber said:

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,320
    PAB walls often have trans blue 1x1 round plates.
    lando
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,377
    If you're looking for other ways of going about it, I'd check out Pintrest. It's a treasure trove of ideas.
    lando