Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Digital Designer problems

Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 49
Hi everyone!
I can't find an appropriate thread for this, so I created a new one. I'm making a microscale Hogwarts castle in LDD, but every time I open the program, it says that it cannot access the internet. Lego's own FAQ tells me to check if the firewall is down, and it is. Any ideas how to get it working?

Comments

• obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 475
    have you checked you've got the latest version? i had this issue until i upgraded!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,548
    Also a heads-up that there is about to be an official microscale Hogwarts according to credible rumors.
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 49
    obi_g said:
    have you checked you've got the latest version? i had this issue until i upgraded!
    That why I need to connect to the Internet; to get the new parts (or can you upgrade without having to connect?)

Also a heads-up that there is about to be an official microscale Hogwarts according to credible rumors.
    Yeah, I knew that already. I started building after the hogwarts rumors started going around, and had the rocks done when the nanofigs were leaked. I am really looking forward to it, but my model is a lot bigger, I am over 15000 pieces with only the right part minus the astronomy tower done.
    Bumblepants
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,079
    Casper_vd_Korf said:
    (or can you upgrade without having to connect?)
    Not via LDD, but you could always download the latest version from the Internet with your browser.
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 49

Okay, thanks! I'm not at home at the moment, but when I get back I will try it!
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 475
    @Casper_vd_Korf sorry, should have been clearer. ldd stopped updating itself and i had to download the latest version of the app via chrome (other browsers are available) before i could update the parts inventory.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 345
    I can confirm I was having the same issue and installing the latest version worked for me as well.