Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Voltron 21311

13»

Comments

• nolatronnolatron Member Posts: 39
    nolatron said:
    kbw said:
    Now available for backorder in US
    Yeah, seems like it went from Add To Wish straight to Backorder. :/

And right after make backorder purchase it goes from Backorder to Add to Bag.

I went ahead and did a second purchase, hopefully at least one them sticks.
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 175
    I ordered one as "Backorder" and by the time that was done now it shows "Available"! So ordered mine (first was for a friend).
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 393
    edited July 2018
    Website wasn’t as insane as I expected tbh.  Perhaps extra hamsters today
  • JaimitoJaimito NYCMember Posts: 20
    kbw said:
    Website wasn’t as insane as I expected tbh.  Perhaps extra hamsters today
    So much more pleasant compared to the Falcon.  The demand is not as crazy.    
    kbw
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 766
    Just left Roosevelt Field store. Picked this bad boy up and will build shortly!!!! 

So happy!!!
  • nolatronnolatron Member Posts: 39
    Just got a shipping confirmation for both my backorder order and regular order.  Both are scheduled to arrive Wednesday via FedEx. Cool.
    MooreFX
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 72
    Glad I didn’t wait up to order one for my son last night after reading through the above posts. I ordered one this morning easily.  Seeing backorder first thing is too much anxiety for a long anticipated set.  Great that everyone that wanted one got one!
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 175
    ^^ Same here.  Nice of them to 2-day ship it.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,536
    I saw the set yesterday in the Manchester store. It looks very imposing in the brick, and bigger than I'd imagined, especially the legs. The shield looks great and the overall dimensions are good. I like the colours and if I was a Voltron fan I'd get this immediately (except I'm saving up for our summer holiday)!
    As it is, I'm going to wait a bit, and see what happens to the price and availability, and take it from there. I'm still a bit concerned as to how good the component lions look, considering the Brickset review.
    I doubt it’s realistic but I’d love for them to do minifigures for this thing
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    There's always a chance they could sell it separately? 
    ^How often have they done something like that? Serious question. 
    Lol.  Sounds about right
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 148
    Voltron is quite popular right now, with the VLD series on Netflix reviving interest in the property.  I could potentially see LEGO making Voltron minifigures a part of next year's SDCC, or perhaps as some [email protected] promotional item.
    Baby_Yoda
    edited July 2018
    Please not SDCC. I beg of thee. Please not SDCC. 
    mustang69
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,929
    Knowing Lego, they'd probably release one of the figures in a Target cube, one is a DK book, one in a overpriced accessories pack and one in a polybag that can only be found other side of the country or by some guy on ebay who has 2,000 of them and is selling them for $50 each.  Of course, they will all be released 2-3 years apart.  Oh yea, the last one will be a SDCC 2038 exclusive.  

Or one only available at a LegoLand theme park, or at the LEGO House.
    obi_g
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,228
    ^ None of them will be MilF black card promos, though. And they're all going to be different styles, with half of them from the 80's version and half from the modern version, and only some of them will have double-heads, and some will have accurate skin whereas others will have the standard yellow, just to really drive home the point that nothing in the world goes right...

In all seriousness, if this takes off like the original Ghostbusters did, I can see at least one other, much smaller set being released with figures.
    sid3windr
    Have built the legs and arms so far. Man is this an impressive build. I can understand how it stands on its own-the legs are super heavy. The way the set was designed also leads me to believe that once it is complete it will stay together rather nicely.
    MooreFX
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 316
    I built mine and the wings on the back dont stay attached it's rather annoying was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue 
  • Faedian7Faedian7 Member Posts: 50
    I just have the black lion to build on mine. I really enjoyed the builds on the blue and yellow lions. The green and red lions were much quicker, which was understandable because they are the arms/hands. I was a little concerned about the 1/6 bricks on both sides on back half of the red lion as it seem to be a bit flimsy but the location of the legs seem to help that concern. 
    @mh3490

The wings fall off of my Black Lion as well. It is annoying, I agree.

Also, anyone else notice that there wasn't an extra of the silver 1x1 tile in each bag? I also didn't receive an extra 1x1 red plate in each bag that this part came in. 

It was odd. Usually there will be an extra of anything that's a 1x1 plate or tile in each bag this part is packed in.

When transforming from Lions to Voltron it is very similar to how it takes place in the cartoon. I am so glad I bought and built this set!
    SDCC 2018 exclusives, a signed Voltron set to keep sealed, two more Voltron sets to build (one in full formation; one not), and a 007 Aston Martin DB5.

July really shaped up to be an expensive month. *wipes sweat from brow*
    kbwBaby_YodaSwitchfoot55
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 73
    Finished my build a couple of days ago and it is a great set .
    I wasn't happy with how the sword can only point straight up and down due the neck join on the red lion to only allow movement in only the horizontal axis.
    I ended up changing the two couplings on the neck to one that would allow the neck to rotate a full 360 degree as well as tilt up and down. 
    It does change how the torso on the red lion looks very slightly but is unnoticeable if you didn't know. 
    The Lego designed coupling is much stronger as with my solution the weight of the sword will make the red lions head rotate if you're swooshing the whole model but is strong enough to hold it to display it. 
    I used part number #4213374, #4225973, #4227395

obi_gstluxmustang69catwranglerricecake
  • TokerToker CTMember Posts: 38
    Waiting to clean up a table for this build. Anyone else going to make knives for each of the lions?

catwranglermattytrekswaynegg
    For those who have fully built their Voltron, would you mind taking a measurement of his overall height, rounded up to the nearest CM or IN?

I suppose his overall height may be greater than the top of his head, depending on how he's wielding his sword, so feel free to include that variable too, if you're able :)

I currently have my Voltron packed away and am shopping for a new display case -- I want to make sure the shelves have enough clearance to store this enormous mecha!

Thanks again!
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,397
    Height is documented on shop.lego.com isn't it?
  • audaveraudaver ScotlandMember Posts: 13
    edited August 2018
    @mattytreks

Height of Voltron based on the wings? on black lion is a snug 45cm and that's with them spread out as I believe it's meant to look. That's ignoring the sword for just now as the arm is posable. With the arm stretch out, parallel with the base the top of the sword is about 59cm. Getting the arm to stay out straight is a bit tricky as the joint rotates smoothly and so can be affected by the downward force from the weight but it is possible. That said you can easily pose the two arms in such a way where the sword is no higher than the wings on black lion.

I checked out the LEGO page, they said Voltron stands tall at "...over 15” (40cm) high..." which isn't a lie but based on my measurements it could be more accurate.
    SumoLego
    Thanks, @audaver!

Darn, most of the nicer display cases I’m looking at purchasing have a max shelf clearance of 14”.  That and the shelves are in a fixed position.

And I certainly don’t want to buy an IKEA Detolf just for a LEGO Voltron, lol.

I may have no choice but to display Voltron as individual lions, and only fully form them when I decide to take it out for pictures or play :/
    SumoLego
  • rbozarthrbozarth TexasMember Posts: 43
    He stands about 24" high
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,929
    And I certainly don’t want to buy an IKEA Detolf just for a LEGO Voltron, lol.
    Yes.  

You must.
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    TheFew said:
    Never watched Voltron. But he looks like a sub prime Optimus Prime to me. What came first Voltron or Transformers? Or are they one and the same?
    Voltron predates Transformers by 3 years.