Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Dacta - worth selling

legosololegosolo UKMember Posts: 4

Hi all - UK here, have a number of lego dacta sets (some complete) and some instruction booklets (not complete sets though)  - is it worth selling these / approx. value (well used) or should I just check in a bucket on auction site?

They are the education technic sets - one in yellow tray other in blue tray.

thanks

Comments

• legosololegosolo UKMember Posts: 4
    i think one of the sets is number 1031 (the yellow one - the blue is simialr in looks but comes with motor etc)
    looks like dump it on bulk it is then - pity thought the yrays would have been worth about a tenner!!
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    edited June 2018
    I'm not interested, but I'd have thought they'd be worth more as a set than as bulk. But that depends on so many variables. There isn't enough info in your thread to work that out. Not that I'd know, even with photos, but someone on here should.
    I imagine it would be worth trying to sell them as complete sets before going the bulk route.
    BrickByBrick
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    edited June 2018
    Looks like your sets are #1030 and #1032 . If they're complete and the tray at least is in good condition I would guess around $50AUD/£30 each, from looking at prices around. You can have a look yourself at recent sales of the sets at bricklink.com. I'm not sure what your chances of actually getting a sale for those specific sets are, at any price, but you'd want to list them somewhere Lego-specific so you could get the attention of serious collectors who understand their value.
    that's cool - ill give that a go - had a look at them - fair to say they are in used condition and not all the instructions are present - its about 15-20 of the yellow sets and about 30 of the blue one - all have trays, some with a few lids missing - ill take a look /post on the site you mentioned, thanks for help.
    No worries! I just had a closer look, it seems that set #1032 (the blue one with the motor) tends to sell for closer to $100AUD/£55. If you ever want to gauge the value of an older set, you can always use its Bricklink page and click on the "Price Guide" tab to see recent sales.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,472
    Baby_Yoda said:
    No worries! I just had a closer look, it seems that set #1032 (the blue one with the motor) tends to sell for closer to $100AUD/£55. If you ever want to gauge the value of an older set, you can always use its Bricklink page and click on the "Price Guide" tab to see recent sales.
    or eBay 'sold listings' search filter.. or both
    ^ I tried looking on Ebay and there wasn't really much to go off. Come to think of it, that's probably because I was on Ebay Australia. It'd probably be more effective in the UK and US.