Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The mystery of the dotted droid...: sw527 vs sw527a

snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
So, I've got several R2-D2's which are the same as each other. But now I've found that certain sets which are supposed to have sw527 in it (this one, with red dots) actually have sw527a in them (this one, with lavender dots). In both of my Sith Infiltrators for exampl (#75096) I had lavender dots. Has anyone else had this occur or heard about this?

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,375
    If you have a lot of red dots; you might have a rash or chicken pox ;)

I have had a similar issue with the minifigure heads when they transitioned from solid studs to.open blocked studded heads. 
    snowhitie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    The minifigure attached to the set is based on whatever the person that inventoried it at bricklink got in their set. For #75096, for example, they got the red dot version but the lavender dot is listed as an alternative. That alternative one isn't picked up by brickset.

snowhitiePitfall69
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    A fellow Lego fan I know also had a nightmare with this - they were really frustrated that the Sith Infiltrator didn't contain the red dot R2D2, and they hadn't bought any of the other sets that contained it. I think they solved the problem by buying one of those kids comic/puzzle books - which just happened to contain an R2-D2 with the red dot. It avoided the expense of Bricklinking. Don't get me started on the 'big eyes' variants of some of the OT 2007-2009 minifigs.
    snowhitiePitfall69
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
    Thanks for the answers. I never realised about these different variants, shows there is still a lot I have to learn.

I was wondering if I didn't see a red dot somehwere or if this was a case of 'the dress is blue or gold', but now it makes sense. I do own the red one, even got that one double too (got that comic book as well) so luckily I don't have to start looking for that, but I can imagine it must be very frustrating for people liek your friend @The_Rancor ;

Thanks!