Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Fariground Mixer thoughts

gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 368
So I finished the Fairground Mixer earlier tonight, wondering why Lego went with trans orange 1x2 plates & 1x1 round tiles for the obviously red "arm" of the ride itself, rather than...uh, TRANS RED.

Also, who else had a ton of leftover pieces? It's commonplace to have a few,  but I had half a cereal bowl left & some were pieces you wouldn't think would be left over.

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,172
    Were there a lot of extras from one bag, or were they spread out over all bags? If the former, maybe you missed something in the instructions?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
    Really only two answers. You built it wrong or the parts genie was extra generous! 
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,023
    It could have been something where they had a ton of trans orange left over and they wouldn’t have to produce net new bricks for this set. But who knows really...
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 345
    As far as the trans-orange vs trans-red, from what little research I could do it looks like the only trans-red bricks were produced between 2005 and 2007 and only appearing in two technic sets (#8653 & #8145). So most likely TLG just didnt want to spend the money producing this part again for just this set and just used something that was close that was already being made. I could be wrong about all this so take from it what you will.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,893
    @gelkster
    According to the Bricklink inventory there should be 54 extra parts left after building the set.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=10244-1

Link above so you can check them off with what you had left.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 364
    Are you sure you built it right? There are 7 (and two spare) trans-red 1x1 round tiles. The 1x2 plates are orange though which is wierd.