Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

007 Aston Martin official LEGO?

1234568»

Comments

• Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 875
    Yep, did a bit of the 'waste of time typing it out and deleting' thing too.

Off topic, @TheFew, I think a poll would be a productive thing on set reviews, categories could include features, appearance, parts usage, price, overall appeal? 

On topic, @snowhitie, I'm hoping there will be more, gut feel is 'no' for a variety of reasons, many of which have been outlined previously.

I'd love them to do the Lotus, I too had the diecast of the DB5 with the ejector seat but I had a matchbox of the Lotus as well.
    There are a lot of vehicles they could do, other Aston Martins, even the Yellow Citroen or the Bajaj taxi, any of the BMWs, but one I'd really like is Goldfinger's Rolls. I wonder whether the licensing issues are too much of a nightmare though.
    TheFew
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 351
    SumoLego said:
    Aleydita said:
    There are so many cliques it's like a WW2 Morse code station 

And you may want to update your references.  Nobody knows what Morse code is
    .-     .-.. . --. ---     .-. . ...- .. . .--     .-- .-. .. - - . -.     .. -.     -- --- .-. ... .     -.-. --- -.. .     .-- --- ..- .-.. -..     .... .- ...- .     -... . . -.     ...- . .-. -.--     .--- .- -- . ...     -... --- -. -..
    Baby_YodaMr_CrossOnebricktoomanydavetheoxygenmangmonkey76omniumAstrobricksJern92Arpie
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,019
    ^ If that were the case, we'd have a lot of angry readers in the comments for a very different reason.

I disagree with the poll idea. I think that it's not worth including the opinions of those who have never owned or built the set, or otherwise haven't given any real thought to it. For it to be worth considering, there should be a filter of some sort that forces voters to write why they believe what they believe outside of "because that's what it looks like to me, judging from blurry pictures on the Internet." The internal reviews system on Brickset fills this spot well, but there's not nearly enough activity around it to make it work for new releases like this.
    BumblepantsdrdavewatfordTkattgmonkey76stluxdatsunrobbie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,349
    edited July 2018
    AndyPol said:
    SumoLego said:
    Nobody knows what Morse code is
    .-     .-.. . --. ---     .-. . ...- .. . .--     .-- .-. .. - - . -.     .. -.     -- --- .-. ... .     -.-. --- -.. .     .-- --- ..- .-.. -..     .... .- ...- .     -... . . -.     ...- . .-. -.--     .--- .- -- . ...     -... --- -. -..
    I think you emoji buttons are broken.

Anyway, I'd definitely hope this is an Aston Martin theme, rather than a Bond theme.  A Technic supercar or two would be nice, and additions to the Race Champions theme would be well recieved.  

Although, I would definitely buy an 'Icons of Bond' playset with a minifigure scale DB-anything and an array of gadgets from Q's Lab.  A test dummy on fire would be a nice touch.  (And a Madame M.)  Something along the lines of the Big Bang Theory set.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76omniumBaby_YodaFowlerBricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,472
    It would be really nice if at least one AM car showed up in the Speed Champions line next year. Race, classic, modern, plenty to choose from. I am guessing the DB5 is probably going to be a one-off though and not a series.
    gmonkey76Mr_CrossSumoLego
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    I reckon that a couple of Speed Champions Astons are more likely than a James Bond theme, although I'd gladly take either (or better still both!).
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76LostInTranslationMr_CrossSumoLegoomniumBrickByBrickBoomsticksnowhitie
  • SD449SD449 Norwich, EnglandMember Posts: 39
    Looking the the signed DB5s on ebay and over half are only signed by the lego designer and not the Aston Martin designer.

Is there any logic to this? are there some purist lego collectors who only care about that brand and not the theme?

Seems rather strange to me and didn't even enter my mind to have only the lego designer sign.
    SumoLego
  • SD449SD449 Norwich, EnglandMember Posts: 39
    Unless the Aston Martin representative had to leave early....
    SumoLego
    edited July 2018
    AndyPol said:
    And yes, it would have been very spy-ish.  Although I don't think MI6 spies would really utilize Morse Code.  Any pedestrian can decipher it using Google.  Maybe French or Esperanto would have been more appropriate?

Or Ig-Pay Atin-Lay?  Gly-Uay Ar-Cay?
    Baby_YodaFowlerBricks
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,205
    pig latin? took a few minutes to decipher.
    SumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,423
    Bond cars: Lotus Esprit, AM Vantage

That will be enough, thanks.
    SumoLego
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,769
    @Arpie thanks for your views on the set, it is really nice that you as a new member wrote all this down, welcome to the forums!
    stluxBooTheMightyHamsterdrdavewatfordomniumArpieAstrobricks
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 548
    ^^^ Which function didn't work as well in your opinion Arpie? Was it the tyre shredders or simply the revolving plates because they required stickers? The build indeed looks and sounds interesting which is great, particularly with so many LBG parts in play.
    Arpie
  • ArpieArpie UKMember Posts: 28
    @snowhitie thank you I'm glad you enjoyed the review, not something I do often but I enjoy it when I do and this kit seemed worth it.

@The_Rancor Sorry that wasn't very clear yes you are correct it's the number plates that don't work for me simply because of the stickers.  Arguably the radar screen is a sticker but Lego use a grill for the radio side and flat plate for the radar screen side.  So even without the sticker the functions still changes the dash.
    omniumMaffyD
  • BoomstickBoomstick IndianaMember Posts: 233
    Does card number matter?  I got a low one. 
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,769
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 704
    ^ Not road legal?? I'll keep my spare $3.5m for something else, then...
    Mr_Cross
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 875
    Do you think they'll limited the number you can buy? You know like LEGO do... I'll want one to open, one to keep sealed and another to sell on at a later date.

Hang on... that's crazy talk, I'll need another one to keep my LEGO in!
    omniumAstrobricks
    omnium said:
    ^ Not road legal?? I'll keep my spare $3.5m for something else, then...
    You can probably afford the ticket if you can procure a $3.5M car.
1234568»