Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

007 Aston Martin official LEGO?

Comments

• CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 346
    blokey9 said:
    For a DB5 to be iconic it has to have an ejector seat surely?
    And to have an ejector seat, it needs someone to be ejected - which would mean it would have to be minifig scale wouldn't it?
    if a tree falls in a forest … yada, yada, yada. if you made the car to mini-figure scale, it would look worse than it does now.
    I’d still buy a minifigure scale version if it was one of those $15 SC sets, even if I had to mod it significantly. The problem with this is that depending on how the finished build looks in person, it would be harder to justify it at $100-$150ish if it doesn’t look any better.
    gmonkey76
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 99

could you build in the ejector seat at that scale? a mini-figure version of the car would need to be wider so that you had 2 seats.

• CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 346
    blokey9 said:

could you build in the ejector seat at that scale? a mini-figure version of the car would need to be wider so that you had 2 seats.

Maybe? Not really sure. I never build any features like that in my own cars. If they could figure it out at that scale, that would be impressive.

LEGO isn’t against 8 wide stuff either, albeit I do not really recall any licensed vehicles in 8 wide. Eight wide means that wouldn’t be Speed Champions, but I’d definitely love to add a DB5 to the collection if they did one for said line.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,201
    infearno interception has an ejector seat
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 307
    #8634  Agent Turbo car also had an ejector seat. It sort of works.
    LostInTranslation
    wow cool, the set is full of silver parts (which will totally not be the case of the aston martin of course)
    LostInTranslation
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,490
    @fauch #8634 also had the best ever sound brick for the gate opening. 
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 875
  • Djblythe05Djblythe05 NorthantsMember Posts: 18
    So from those size tyres it should be around 35cm long? They are some pretty wheels. 
    ^ They are nice looking aren't they? I think they're existing tyres on one of the variant wheels (now in silver) with a spoked "hubcap", then I think the top piece is a ninjago throwing star in silver too. I'd like a few!
    omnium
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 973
    @fauch #8634 also had the best ever sound brick for the gate opening. 
    TOTALLY indisputable!  And yeah those silver rims are as sweet as they are rare.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,375
    'Prepare to be amazed.'

Prepare to be disappointed, more like...
    CM4Sdmcc0gmonkey76datsunrobbieMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,169
    A change to my work schedule next week sees me on site in central London at midday. I think an earlier train and trip the Leicester Sq is needed!
    BumblepantsomniumMr_Crossdmcc0
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,275
    Wow.  Googled this to see a picture of the Aston.
    That is one ugly looking set!

That's a chunk of cash saved.
    theLEGOmandatsunrobbie
    that's a lot of teasing
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,275
    Is anyone down at Leicester Square?  Any on-site reports?
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,547
    ^ Is it not next week?
    BooTheMightyHamster
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,101
    Yes, Wednesday 18 July.
    BooTheMightyHamster
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,423
    Way too much teasing - they're running out of things to tease, so it's just... bleh. Give us the set piccie, show us the features, let us decide. This is just annoying now. Sorry.
    Johnyk668BumblepantsMr_Crossobi_gBooTheMightyHamsterAyliffeCaptainLegoReccesnowhitie
    Ah!  I thought it was today.
    Doh!
    expected the reveal on the 07/07.
    SumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,470
    Maybe they are debuting it at Bricks by the Bay this weekend? Seems like that happened for the ferris wheel or something else a year or two ago.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,346
    Fauch said:
    expected the reveal on the 07/07.
    More like 00/07.
    madforLEGO
    Maybe they are debuting it at Bricks by the Bay this weekend? Seems like that happened for the ferris wheel or something else a year or two ago.
    too amazing to be revealed that soon?
    I guess the "almost there" Instagram really meant "we are done teasing this, maybe in a few weeks we will bother to show it."
    leemcg
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 548
    Only a few days now. I wonder whether we'll see a press release before, or whether the reveal event is truly the entire reveal of the set publicity-wise. They probably shouldn't have let that invite card leak still beforehand. Still want to see if the set comes with anything and dying to know what functions it has. 
    omnium
    So, are we expecting a reveal today, ahead of tomorrow's launch?
    omnium
  • SD449SD449 Norwich, EnglandMember Posts: 39
    I was be bit apprehensive after the license pic leak, but excited to be going to the event and seeing it in the brick 
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 704
    I still haven't decided if I'm getting up hellishly early tomorrow to go queue for this event... So I guess that means I'm not?
    Mr_CrossLegoboy
    Apparently no reveal today, LEGO's facebook feed just had a post that indicated the reveal would be at the event tomorrow.
    so people will queue to buy a model they haven't seen?
    BumblepantsMr_Cross
    Fauch said:
    so people will queue to buy a model they haven't seen?
    yeah that seems really odd.
    Mr_Cross
    It doesn't seem very odd to me, it's a new LEGO set, it'll be signed. There'll be a queue of scalpers hoping to make a killing on eBay.

I'm in the position of having seen it and now thinking I won't bother going ;)
    Mr_CrossdatsunrobbieBaby_Yoda
    omnium said:
    There'll be a queue of scalpers hoping to make a killing on eBay.
    There really should be a "pop quiz" of sorts at these events or for early releases, you know, name five sets by number and describe the set correctly, any fewer than four correct and you get barred from buying and are unceremoniously shown the door.

I kind of hate seeing the posts on facebook groups and on reddit where some chancer is saying "...any idea what this is from?", and you know it's because they don't have the first idea. Saw one today with a pic of Jango Fett balanced on a hairy leg and I just thought "Don't tell him! Lie, tell him it's a mandalorian and fleece him. No, flay him, him and his horrid legs." Sadly, someone had told him in the comments already.

Sorry if the hairy legs belong to any of you here, but if they do, dude, I don't need to see them, take a photo somewhere else, please, I'm going to have nightmares now!
    omniumMAGNINOMINISUMBRABaby_YodaGothamConstructionCosnowhitie
    LOL! That really is the stuff of nightmares :-D
    Mr_Cross
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,407
    edited July 2018
    If the event was local and I had not seen a leaked image, I'd probably go with the intention of buying one, as I am a fan of the old Bond movies. Having seen the leaked image, I may try to build one like @Pempska1969's.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,505
    Would be interesting to see if people just leave and don't buy it once they see it and the cost.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 973
    Mr_Cross said:
    omnium said:
    There'll be a queue of scalpers hoping to make a killing on eBay.
    There really should be a "pop quiz" of sorts at these events or for early releases, you know, name five sets by number and describe the set correctly, any fewer than four correct and you get barred from buying and are unceremoniously shown the door.

I kind of hate seeing the posts on facebook groups and on reddit where some chancer is saying "...any idea what this is from?", and you know it's because they don't have the first idea. Saw one today with a pic of Jango Fett balanced on a hairy leg and I just thought "Don't tell him! Lie, tell him it's a mandalorian and fleece him. No, flay him, him and his horrid legs." Sadly, someone had told him in the comments already.

Sorry if the hairy legs belong to any of you here, but if they do, dude, I don't need to see them, take a photo somewhere else, please, I'm going to have nightmares now!
    User name checks out...
    ;)
    Mr_CrossUmandraug
    Bumblepantsomniumstluxgmonkey76Baby_Yoda
    @SD449 nice photos. How was Toronto?
    Mr_Cross
    Never been unfortunately but London’s lovely 
    Mr_Cross
    SD449 said:
    Ok well I just assumed the guy in the reflection taking a photo was you and that the shirt was purchased in Toronto. Mainly I was just trying to beat @SumoLego to the punch in evaluating background details.
    Mr_CrossMynattdmcc0SumoLegogmonkey76Baby_YodaGothamConstructionCoAstrobrickssnowhitie
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,358
    ^I think he's the girl in the middle of the top picture with the sunglasses on her head seemingly picking her nose?
    SD449 said:
    Ok well I just assumed the guy in the reflection taking a photo was you and that the shirt was purchased in Toronto. Mainly I was just trying to beat @SumoLego to the punch in evaluating background details.
    Yeah that is me, liked the colour and print nice so went for it
    Bumblepants
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 853
    I saw the guy in the bottom right of the last pic and thought 'awesome beard!', then I looked again.
    Baby_YodaPeteMobi_gSwitchfoot55
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,227
    I’ve been to Toronto a few times and can recommend it for a visit if that helps.
    SD449
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 548
    "PAY ATTENTION! Something top secret is happening..." (Sheev face again)

i'll keeping tabs on what you guys get up to tomorrow, there or not as it'll spbe interesting to see how it pans out. It would be hilarious if someone queued to get in, was given the set and they just said "Nope, don't want it" and walked out.
  • LegoofmeLegoofme CambridgeMember Posts: 19
    Stuff starting to arrive.
  • LegoofmeLegoofme CambridgeMember Posts: 19

omniumMr_CrossLegoboyBumblepantsstluxsnowhitieFowlerBricks
    @Legoofme, one of the few times I've been glad someone posted a high resolution photo on here! :-D

That's a large DB5 model!
    Mr_CrossLegoboyMuftak1stlux