Lego House documentary

GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 519
Netflix are showing a Lego House documentary on instant play starting tomorrow. I believe it’s worldwide and not limited to any one country. There’s my Friday night viewing sorted!
LittleLoriomniumcarnage717

Comments

• GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 519
    Here’s the press release:

From 15th June you can discover the fascinating LEGO spirit manifested in the ultimate LEGO building on all NETFLIX servers globally.

The original idea behind the LEGO House came from Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen – a dream for the LEGO Group and for the town of Billund.

A unique journey into the making of a house built on a foundation of dreams. This is a construction diary unfolding the endless possibilities of the LEGO brick.

The concept has all the way been to build a LEGO House which would offer the most amazing hands-on experiences and inspire the guests to embrace creativity.

This includes a one of a kind architectural idea by BIG and Bjarke Ingels, a restaurant that serves the food by robots, 25 million LEGO bricks and dedicated staff that tries, fails and revises ideas in order to reach the company motto: Only the best is good enough.

• GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 519
    Just watched the documentary and really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend it to fans of Lego. There’s one or two things in there that retread what we’ve seen in other documentaries but it’s interesting seeing how it all came together from the design concepts to the grand opening at the end.

My favourite part was the Lego officials complaining that the Lego bricks used for the restaurant robot prototypes looked like they were made from bricks that were five years old. And they were right too! Everything had to be just right.