The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Character Name Tag Question

AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,416
Would it be possible in any way to merge character name tags for the same character appearing by different names? I noticed when browsing Adventurers sets that some sets have the "Dr Kilroy" or "Pippin Reed" tags and others have the "Dr Charles Lightning" and "Miss Gail Storm" tags, even sets from the same years — despite these being unmistakably the same two characters. It seems like it would make the most sense to have one "Dr Charles Lightning/Dr Kilroy" tag and one "Miss Gail Storm/Pippin Reed" tag for sets that contain either of these characters.

I can't think of any other themes where this is an issue, since Adventurers is one of the few that had to make the awkward leap from minifigure names varying between regions to names being standardized across all regions. Hopefully it's an easy fix!

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,559
    I think I’ve seen similar with some of the Superheroes sets where the same character is defined differently by being in different alter ego - the only example I can think of off the top of my head is Hulk/Bruce Banner.

In that example I can see the argument for having them as separate characters but personally I’d list them as the same.
    Aanchir