The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Problem with information flow between Rebrickable and brickset database

Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,623
@huw

Whilst logged in just now and looking at a set I don't own (#10196) the Rebrickable box said that there was no data available for this set at Rebrickable.

After I got over the sheer panic as this is not a new set that the data isn't available for yet :o) I logged into rebrickable and found that my beloved set details were in fact available as they have been on many previous visits. Phew!

I had a look at neighbouring sets in the database that I also don't own (#10198 and #10200) and found they too were displaying the same no data available at Rebrickable message.

Of course I know sets I own don't show the rebrickable box. Only sets I don't own usually show the percentage of parts owned in my collection for a set where rebrickable has the set info. 

I find this a most useful feature of the database (means I stay on brickset unless I need a rebrickable specific feature) and I know it was working before but I'm not sure when I used it last successfully, a few weeks ago, maybe? I appreciate it may be due to a change at Rebrickable's end and or a change at brickset. 

Comments