Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

General LEGO Movie 2 DIscussion

1171819202123»

Comments

• klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 345
    So, I may have binged on the film a bit over the past couple of days, but a couple of little asides that I've noticed: 

Lucy's music career is a retcon within a retcon. Like, I knew it was Bianca's addition to the narrative on my initial viewings of the film, but I've only just realized that it came along very recently in the story (within the actual 'real world' timeline in the film). We only see her in her pop singer gear from Rex' perspective during his time spent lost under the dryer, which would have followed that day's events (in an alternate timeline).

Also, I realized that the Queen has a total swagger that I somehow failed to notice before. In my head she was always moving around in a cascade of bricks, but nope. When she's not dancing and singing she has a full on, hip swaying sashay going on when she crosses a room. It's kinda fantastic
    AanchirInfinityman
    Another minor observation while freeze framing the custom battle vehicles: The minifig included in #853865 TLM2 Accessory Set isn't Sharkira sans helmet as previously assumed, but is in fact Deborah, Swamp Creature's whip happy friend. 
    pxchrisMegtheCat
    I just built up #70842 and I don't understand why the instructions tell you to fold the ladders down in the back, when in the film they're splayed up like wings behind Emmett's head. They're attached to the mech via 4211508 t-pins, so swiveling them up in the proper formation is as simple as folding them behind. It just seems a bit odd. 
    Ha! The instructions for #70838 insist that you build Star upside down, despite the fact that all of the box art shows him correctly, and this configuration doesn't allow him to sit in his pod.

LEGOFan2