Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

For sale: Series 18 Policeman

TheMuskTheMusk LondonMember Posts: 2
I have 15 of the rare Series 18 Policeman minifigures for sale at 1 £22; 5 £100; 10 £180; 15 £225.

Postage to be added. Payment by paypal or bank transfer. Free postage in England if paying by bank transfer.

Comments

• TheMuskTheMusk LondonMember Posts: 2
    I am highly skilled at identifying these minifigures and so it is easy for me to locate the rare one in each box. The rare ones are an excellent investment and will definitely increase in value in future! The ones I have are sealed but I can guarantee they are correct by my feeling method.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    By “highly skilled”, do you mean left row, fifth from the back?  [claps hands]

Thank you for confirming what we already knew, in more ways than one.
    madforLEGOjmeninnodavetheoxygenmanBrainsluggedomniumcaterham7GothamConstructionCoMr_Crossdonutboy
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,329
    this is gold
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 660
    Legoboy said:
    By “highly skilled”, do you mean left row, fifth from the back?  [claps hands]

Thank you for confirming what we already knew, in more ways than one.
    When you clap..is it slow and sacastically?
    DeMontesdmcc0

davetheoxygenmanDeMontesBrainslugged
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 233
    I too am highly skilled. Simply by the power of touch, I can determine a 1x2 plate and a 1x2 tile through a sealed bag. Does this mean I can give up my career in property and make some real money at last?
    oldtodd33
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,328
    (Can we please, please, please refrain from commentary in Marketplace Threads?)
    BumblepantsLegopantsteal93mr2DoktorL
    SumoLego said:
    Forgive me @Sumo, but not with a new member signing up to encourage other fellow members to part with £225 without protection.  Etiquette goes out the window - treat fire with fire.

There should be forum rules about this.
    samiam391BumblepantsGothamConstructionCoMr_CrossBrainsluggedSumoLego
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,233
    edited May 2018
    Legoboy said:
    SumoLego said:
    Forgive me @Sumo, but not with a new member signing up to encourage other fellow members to part with £225 without protection.  Etiquette goes out the window - treat fire with fire.

I know Eurobricks requires members to have at least 100 posts before being allowed to participate in B/S/T threads. Perhaps one of the only parts about their forum I appreciate.

It seems these days we keep getting these "new member quick flip posts" and it really is rather annoying. Especially, requesting payment by unprotected bank transfer? Sheesh...
    SumoLego
    edited May 2018
    Legoboy said:
    I would definitely support more restrictive rules. 

But until then, I think the appropriate protocol is to ignore these types of threads if the items aren't of interest or if there are unreasonable terms.  Or perhaps you could post a neutrally worded warning.  Inviting a bunch of banter on the thread is only serving to keep it up at the top of the list.

These type of threads quickly move down the list and into the abyss.

(There was a recent Marketplace thread where another member posted a warning about a suspect seller.)

And it did take nearly all of my restraint not to post a Liam Neeson meme.  have a very particular set of skills...
    LegopantsMr_Cross
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,197
    SumoLego said:
    Or perhaps you could post a neutrally worded warning.
    Why just neutrally worded? Using neutral wording is still commenting and so is going against the rules, so you might as well say what you mean.

Brainslugged
    edited May 2018
    I'd like to think we could maintain some decorum. 

Unless @Legoboy actually had a negative experience with this seller - posting a perjorative, sarcastic and/or perhaps libelous comment ought to be avoided.  Let's try this:

"Please beware of sellers that recently joined the site who have no Marketplace Feedback, or who do not provide reasonable protection or terms for the parties.  Please consult the Marketplace Safety Thread."

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/6410/marketplace-safety-and-etiquette/p1
    pharmjodBumblepantsLegopantsMr_Crossmak0137snowhitie
    edited May 2018
    @Sumo, other than my initial comment of surprise, all others have been in response to the direct queries the OP had for me.  None of them could be considered libelous.  Certainly no more than a neutral warning would have been anyway and definitely not in the UK where like me the OP is based.

I take a dim view of anybody joining the forum specifically to sell their goods, especially high value ones without protection and rules or not, I'd sooner let them and other members know that its not the done thing round these parts.  As @Samiam391 says, it gets annoying.  If memes are no longer allowed, nor should 'quick-flip posts' from new members.

I accept it may not be my job or place to call him out but @CCC has a valid point.  To make any comment as you suggested would have been against the rules but equally, it felt wrong to simply let it pass by so like you I do think the rules may need looking at to allow for restrictions or warnings to be given, sarcastic ones or not.  

For what it's worth, I also considered asking the OP how old he was following their initial response, but refrained through fear it could be considered I was contacting underage kids without parents' consent.  You and I both know the forum is built on jokes and sarcasm and is why it is the friendly place to go to discuss Lego and not Eurobricks.  I am more than comfortable with my conduct and won't hesitate in making off-the-cuff comments or being sarcastic towards you in the future.  ;)

J.
    pharmjodBOBJACK_JACKBOBMr_CrossSumoLegoscotty12
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,197
    I imagine not underage as they want bank transfer or paypal, but of course they could be. Given the excessive use of the word rare for something that is not rare, it is probably just an ebay seller wanting the highest possible ebay type prices without the ebay fees.

Anyone can see that in the UK, these are selling individually for about £15-16 including postage on ebay, some a little lower and some a little higher. Pricing them like this "for investment" makes me think that he doesn't think much of forum members' intellect. Same with the other thread. If they want top prices, stick them on ebay and pay their fees. Don't join here, contribute nothing and expect to sell at higher than ebay prices.

omniumLegoboypharmjodFowlerBricksBumblepantsMr_Crossmaniacbrickedin
    Not much I can say to that, you're not wrong.  Rules are rules.

• Would I break the rules again?  Yes.
    • Do I think the rules need looking at to allow for warnings, sarcastic or not?  I think we both (and others) agree, Yes.

I guess the invitation came when the OP opened dialogue with me.  Did I take advantage of his naivety.  Hell yes.

:)
    willobee498SumoLego