Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Toys R Us 2018 Bricktober Minifigures UK

SpaceCadet01SpaceCadet01 EarthMember Posts: 3
edited May 2018 in Collecting
Hi all :)
Not wanting to sound like a broken record, but does anyone know if or when this year's Bricktober Minifigures will be available in the UK?

Hoth Bricks have already posted photos: 
https://www.hothbricks.com/chez-toys-r-us-trois-packs-de-minifigs-exclusif-harry-potter-avengers-et-ninjago/

Thanks in advance! :)
FowlerBricks

Comments

• Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,159
    As it was a TRU exclusive and they gone bust, never! But as was mentioned on another thread, perhaps Smyths would take it on.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 561
    edited May 2018
    Damn, these had better arrive somewhere in the us, I want them all, primarily Ninjago as I collect the theme but the others look awesome too
    SumoLegoBumblepantsmadforLEGO
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,084
    I doubt they will be available in that form in the UK.

However, if the parts are alredy designed and produced I imagine they will be repackaged with other (non-TRU) branding or reused in some way in the UK (and US). They could easily turn them into polybags, for example.
    SumoLego
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,493
    AHH!! I need that Avengers one!!!!
    SumoLegoBrixfan02
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 153
    AHH!! I need that Avengers one!!!!
    that one and the harry potter one for me. I was wondering where that bucky, war machine, and wong would show up!
    FowlerBricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,388
    You know the reseller crowd collectively wet themselves when these leaked. TRU exclusive, all hotly desired minifigs and a great chance it will be hard to get for anyone. I hope they go to another retailer somehow so they aren't shorted too much. I really want that Ninjago one just because they look cool.
    stluxLostInTranslationBrickByBrickgmonkey7677ncaachamps
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 511
    Those are awesome. Wonder where (if) they will end up in the US. 
    If they don't show up in the US... I'll be kind of upset
    77ncaachamps
    If they have been produced, they are going to have to get rid of them somehow. I wonder if any of the HP ones are repeats / duplicates of the CMF line.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,069
    Keep in mind that TRU will continue operating under the TRU name in Asia. So even with TRU closing (US/UK) or trading under a different name (AT/CH/DE/NL), that leaves 400 TRU stores in that region.

TLG already frequently do Asia only promotions through either TRU or the Lego Certified Stores. So a worst case scenario where these are indeed TRU (Asia) exclusives is a possibility. But fingers crossed that will not be the case and these minifigs will be available elsewhere with different packaging, and we will not end up with the scenario @Bumblepants decribed.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,486
    CCC said:
    If they have been produced, they are going to have to get rid of them somehow. I wonder if any of the HP ones are repeats / duplicates of the CMF line.
    After the Batman Movie ones last year, I doubt it. They were all entirely different suits. 
    CCC said:
    After the Batman Movie ones last year, I doubt it. They were all entirely different suits. 
    Yes, they were all Batman though. I expect to see Dolores Umbridge in a regular set again, although probably not the first wave - maybe not until Order of the Phoenix sets come out.

But then I also expected to see Hooch again in the Quidditch set, but obviously not this time around.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,127
    Damn, these had better arrive somewhere in the us, I want them all, primarily Ninjago as I collect the theme but the others look awesome too
    Avengers and Potter ones at least. Hoping LEGO sets them direct.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,118
    stlux said:
    So a worst case scenario where these are indeed TRU (Asia) exclusives is a possibility.
    Mmmmhmmmm.  Let's not let that scenario become a rumor.  
    Fizyx
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 746
    SumoLego said:
    stlux said:
    So a worst case scenario where these are indeed TRU (Asia) exclusives is a possibility.
    Mmmmhmmmm.  Let's not let that scenario become a rumor.  
    You guys in the US and Europe usually get all the good promos while we (Asia, Australia, and NZ) get zilch. [email protected] doesn't even have the same freebies for us. Not to be mean, but you finally understand how we feel. :-P

Really, it would be best if Lego simply made their promos available worldwide.
    SumoLegopharmjodFizyxmsandersMegtheCatkiki180703
    Jern92 said:
    Not to be mean, but you finally understand how we feel. :-P
    I don't understand any of these words.
    gmonkey76BumblepantspharmjodDoktorLkiki180703
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 174
    Any word on set/item numbers?
  • SpaceCadet01SpaceCadet01 EarthMember Posts: 3
    Hi folks, good to see that official set pictures for this year's Bricktober packs have emerged in the last few days! Anyone heard about availability in the UK yet? Thanks :)
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 460
    I read elsewhere that the TRU branding had been removed from the boxes now and there was a very good chance that they'll be available in Blighty too!

Just a case of being patient, hopefully :)
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 384
    No news on these in the UK yet? I need that Wong!
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 202
    Well, the Toys'R'Us GWP in Germany and the Netherlands came and went, so even if you could make an order through one of those sites, it's become a moot point. 
    All these selections of minifigs wouldn't have looked off as San Diego Comic Con exclusive minifigs; I guess we should be 'happy' that they'll probably never attain the values that those get. Although considering the (lack of) availability, they'll probably never be cheap. 
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,259
    I would be very surprised if we do not see the Bricktober minifigures in the UK. With due respect to LEGO's customer service staff, they often have little knowledge of upcoming products and promotions so I remain optimistic that the minifigures will appear in November or December.
    raygunnstluxkiki180703
    Not only that, but if LEGO were still trying to find an outlet for them in the US, UK and elsewhere they wold hardly be telling end users about this.
    Ayliffe said:
    ....(a)s a LEGO customer service person myself (hello!)...
    Sooooo... you must know about that mountain of Darth Revan polybags hidden somewhere at [email protected]  Where is it!?!?
    Bumblepantskiki180703SprinkleOtterAyliffesid3windrsnowhitieMynatt
    Little known fact, the writer of Chima was actually quite a cool guy behind this:

Uke Til U Puke, probably one of the top ten heavy metal / punk rock four piece ukelele bands in the world.
    Sounds like a trap.  That's where the Hoth Han and Dareth polys are stored.
    CommanderRaab
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 746
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/2/17930084/toys-r-us-bankruptcy

Apparently Toys r Us is coming back from the dead
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,127
    Interesting.. but not going to be enough to get it back for this years US bricktober.
    SumoLego
    edited October 2018
    Jern92 said:
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/2/17930084/toys-r-us-bankruptcy

Apparently Toys r Us is coming back from the dead
    I smell fish on this story.  One would think the IP is not so valuable - 'cause somebody would have bought it.  Something corporatey-financy is afoot.

TRU owed $800M and investors were going to get $0.22 on the dollar.  Gotta love big business!  
    gmonkey76
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 841
    So here we are a month later...
    No news.
    It’s not a December GWP.
    Is it time to resort to eBay?
    How likely is it that these will turn up here eventually? 

The last time I experienced this was the Batman Battlepod. I was about to buy for around £20 but then TRU saved the day.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 520
    But how will I get my Ian Malcolm for a reasonable sum? I don't mind missing the Ninjago one but I might've also got the Harry Potter one too (take it or leave it). I suppose they could still make them pop up at some point directly from Lego or from Smyths perhaps.
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 305
    I bought my JW one for $32 shipped 
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 858
    I asked Customer services on Monday if they could give me any details on if and if so, where. I've not had a reply yet, and that's cool but it is slightly unusual for them to take more that 48 hours to reply...
    I think I'm going to need to give up any ideas I had on being a Harry Potter (reissue) completist.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 841
    The HP set are around £45 on eBay at auction from Germany (but U.K. Buy it now is silly money). I think I’m going to go for it, justifying it by moving on a couple of Percival Graves I was lucky to find.
    Id hate to miss these figures altogether. 
    FowlerBricks
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 873
    I`m not trying to brag, but more out of bemusement, the Toys R Us in Switzerland are now selling all four on the shelves. The shelves are full of each set. They are pretty pricey though - 17.90 CHF (around £14 ish). Not sure why they are not making their way to other markets and a real shame.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,976
    I'd certainly buy one at £15, anything above £20 though I'm prepared to just miss out. It's a shame but there are worse things in life then a gap in one's collection. 
    Mr_Crossbandit778dmcc0
    @Shib but how am I going to get my Ian Malcolm
    The_Rancor
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,976
    edited November 2018
    Given that the Jurassic World line has been confirmed to be continuing next year I'd say there's always a chance of another Jurassic Park set that could also have an Ian Malcolm figure. 

If your happy with what you paid to get it though that's good for you. Personally I'd rather miss out than (what I see as) overpay. 
    Lol ya it's the only one out of the 4 I had to have the rest i would take or leave 
    Brickfan rumor has it that the Ninjago Pack will be a GWP for $50 spend during black friday weekend. Not sure which market(s). Given the $ I guess USA at least but hopefully it will be for everyone.
    Aanchir
    That's awesome if true, really want to get that one for the Jay and Nya figs and I can definitely get behind $50 thresholds
    Aanchir
    I could easily see it being in-store only though. Hopefully not
  • deepdalelegenddeepdalelegend PRESTON, ENGLANDMember Posts: 351
    I noticed someone has posted a response from a lego customer service rep on one of the facebook groups, saying that there are no current plans to do the bricktober sets in the UK now.
    sonatine01
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 520
    ^ If that's the case.... ooooff Lego as a company are really ticking me off right now with their promotional decisions
    omniumMr_Crosssonatine01Lego_Starkiki180703
  • deepdalelegenddeepdalelegend PRESTON, ENGLANDMember Posts: 351
    It may not be correct, but obviously being into November and no sign of them is not a good sign.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 858
    No, I think it's accurate. Just had this reply myself from a similar question:

@omnium, you're right, they're not even reaching the lofty heights of "phoning it in" at the moment.
    omniumkiki180703