Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lost VIP membership

Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 778
I logged in to the Lego [email protected] site for the first time in a year recently, and noticed that my VIP membership, as well as any points I accumulated, no longer exists. I used to buy quite a bit from there when I lived in NZ, and also when some friends were on holiday in the States and helped me get stuff from the physical stores.  It's just so weird and I'm not quite sure what to do in this situation. 

Comments

• Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 778
    Upon further investigation, I noticed that my date of birth on the site had been changed to 2014, which makes me 4 years old and apparently, not old enough to be a member according to the LEGO VIP site. Can't seem to figure out how to change that, so have written an email to Lego to see if they know what's going on.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,554
    edited May 2018
    If writing doesn't work try calling. They are usually helpful.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    Your Mother told you not to play with that time machine and now look what's happened!
    Baby_YodastefxanMegtheCatDoktorLmak0137FizyxJern92prevere
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 120
    A phone call is very efficient. At one point my first name was changed-a quick and it was corrected again 
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Pure speculation, but your profile says Malaysia, is it that LEGO don't run the VIP program there?
    A phone call is very efficient. At one point my first name was changed-a quick and it was corrected again 
    Slightly expensive to make an international call though

Matthew said:
    Pure speculation, but your profile says Malaysia, is it that LEGO don't run the VIP program there?
    True, but I opened the account when I was living in NZ. We have a different VIP program here (it's called VIB instead).

Anyway, sorted it out via email. Apparently at some point I somehow created an extra account as a 4-year-old. My original account and points are still there, under a slightly different username. Very odd, but I guess I could just be forgetful.

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,505
    Double birthday bonuses!!!!
    SumoLego said:
    Double birthday bonuses!!!!
    There are birthday bonuses? I never even knew that before!
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 667
    ...what...?