Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brickset Bonusball Bonanza - Billund edition - UK draw 12 May 2018

stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,140
It's Friday, so time for a Bonus Ball!

For anybody new to this: it's simple. Answer the question below, and get a number based on your post in order between 1 and 59. If your number gets drawn on Saturday night for the UK national lottery bonus ball you win the prize. If you don't make the first 59 replies, well there's always next week to be a little quicker. 

What's the prize this week, you ask? I have no idea! However I'll be in Billund starting May 22, so I'll be happy to grab some Lego House or Legoland swag for the winner! If you already have those, or you simply don't fancy them, I'm sure I can dig out something else!

So, on to this week's question:

When visiting a Lego Store, which brick do you hope they'll have on the PAB wall? Personally I always look for 2x2 dark/light bley tiles (always need more pavement!), but what do you fill your cup with?
In case you don't have easy access to a PAB wall: which brick do you simply never seem to have in a large enough quantity?

Don't forget, we are always looking for draw hosts. So if you'd like to volunteer please drop @snowhitie a PM.
tofPebblesSeijiAmasawamessyLego_StarTheLegoMaster35Mr_CrossdonutboyBumblepantsricecakesnowhitieGothamConstructionCoLittleLori

Comments

• toftof Member Posts: 147
    I always hope to find masonry bricks...
    gmonkey76
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 316
    edited May 2018
    I don't have enough of anything other than minifigures to make a MOC of anything at all...! I'd love anything that'd let me build a scene for my figs. I'm not near enough a Lego store to ever visit a PAB wall, either :(
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,947
    2x2 jumper plates!
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    I always hope for something a bit different. Finding unusual colours; such as dark blue, dark red and sand green, like I did on my last visit was a lovely surprise as new colours get me excited to try something new. :)

Have a fantastic time in Billund, i'm very jealous :D
    snowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,718
    Where are there 2x2 dark gray tiles on the PaB wall?!?!?!?!?!

Enjoy the tour!
    Bumblepants
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,029
    It's a toss-up between a plate 1x2 with horizontal hole & a brick 2x2 with bow & knobs.
    Both of which I never have enough of in the right colours & always need for whatever MOD I'm working on
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,784
    I always hope for profile/masonry bricks, grill bricks, or other architectural bricks.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,902
    edited May 2018
    Always on the lookout for 1x4's in Black, MSG, DSG or White  but they seem to be on the pick a brick wall as much as tartan bricks are. :(

Thanks for hosting again @stlux and enjoy the tour.
    snowhitie
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 470
    Anything in Dark Red. Thanks @stlux and enjoy Billund! 
    Lego_Star
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 686
    Oh man, good question.  I'm a gem guy.  I love grabbing a good amount of the gems/diamonds/rubies to fill the bottom ring of the cup.  Goes back to when I was a child trying to build a Mr. Freeze scene towards the end of Batman and Robin with the Freeze Telescope...
  • DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 194
    Another vote for masonry bricks here. It always amazes me how Lego decide what gets the “fan favourite” label when I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything I want in such bins!
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 254
    +1 for masonry bricks...
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 321
    I always hope to find Grey or tan 1x2,1x3 or 1x4 bricks and plates.  I also hope to find 2x2 dark grey tiles. I never have but I've felt lucky to get tan and white 2x2 tiles recently.
    SumoLego
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 181
    Generally grey bricks and plates in a range of sizes. Also, anything bright coloured
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 238
    edited May 2018
    I live in hope of finding round plate 1x1 in either grey or reddish brown bows, have a great time in Billund!
    snowhitie
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254
    Probably light grey 1x1 round tiles. You can never have too many rock pathways!
    mak0137
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,432
    edited May 2018
    I hope to one day have the courage to do what I have seen other people do... 1/3 fill you PAB cup with parts from the wall... Then 1/3 fill it with minifigs from the build a fig section and then top it off with PAB parts...
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 212

I look for 1x2 or 2x2 tiles, rare colors, plants and pieces that I may need if I have a current project. What I really want to do is fill cups like the pros do but I’m too shy.

Thanks for hosting and happy travels!

• Gruff666Gruff666 United KingdomMember Posts: 156
    Tiles and masonary bricks
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 832
    Give me tiles or plants!  And my kids would always have stuff like windows and fences...
    Mextensnowhitie
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,781
    Would love to find medium nougat brick pattern 1x4 block, but usually end u with an assortment for the girls. Either that or LBG/DBG tiles to moc an imperial hangar.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,014
    Easy. No contest. This one:

Thanks for hosting @stlux
    snowhitie
  • MextenMexten MexicoMember Posts: 58
    All kinds of plants. Especially the stem part. Hope you will have nice weather in Billund!
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,208
    My name's Speedman.....and I've never filled a PAB cup! But masonry bricks or tiles would be top of the list or what ever I needed for a current moc.

Thanks for hosting.
    snowhitiemak0137
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 258
    Masonry bricks for me too, also the palisade bricks, especially 1 x 4s in both. Any and all available colours. Thanks for doing this. 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,259
    Thanks for hosting @stlux ;

I’ve so far resisted the walls, never having anything in mind when in store, but I’d like to find the new inverted 1 x 3 tiles from the unikitty sets.
    snowhitie
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 380

Need 3,300 more of these...
    Lego_Starstluxbandit778snowhitieGothamConstructionCo
  • HarrymattpotterHarrymattpotter UKMember Posts: 46
    Simple 2x4 red bricks. I love seeing a bunch of them in one place, especially in a lego store!
    LittleLori
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Masonry bricks I can never have enough masonry bricks
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 549
    edited May 2018
    5x6 Limb elements (Although last trip as soon as I found white 2x2 corner plates and ice cream I immediately filled a cup of each)
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818
    +1 for Masonry bricks too :-D
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    DBG tiles, masonary bricks, and scenery( flowers, trees, plam leaves.....)
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 476
    I always look for printed console pieces.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 953
    edited May 2018
    In the past I've very rarely found things I want in large quantity on the PaB wall. Owing to me fixating on greebly type parts in light bluish grey for my Classic(y) Space, Star Wars and Sci-Fi building needs/wants/obsession!

I never have enough of any part, somehow, I always seem to be one short of what I need and end up opening sets that contain the piece but that I haven't built yet. Only then, to find one or more a few minutes later hiding under something else I'd been messing around with.

If pushed for a more specific answer, probably 2x1 cheese slopes. I'd love cheese slopes in 3x1, 4x1, 6x1 and 8x1 if they're at all possible to manufacture.

Good question and thanks for hosting!
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,425
    I'll echo the many "2x2 tile" and "masonry bricks" comments. 

Anything I can quickly incorporate into my Winter Village is a win!
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    Sand green 1x bricks, which I think could possibly turn up. Be a different answer if the question was what do you wish would appear on the wall. Sand red, minifigures.......
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,322
    Masonry bricks
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 587
    I've never really been one to hunt the PAB wall but since last summer I've been glancing at it whenever I'm there. I'm hoping to find 1x2 trans light blue tiles... Never seen them before but I need a ton for a certain project...
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 679
    Pretty much anything light bley. Ta for hosting.
    snowhitie
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 293
    I would say masonry bricks or dark bley tiles
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    I would love to see the 4x3 CMF tiles in the PAB wall.  Any color.
  • MiniBricks1MiniBricks1 USMember Posts: 98
    Masonry bricks or any nice color of tile I guess. But I rarely find good parts :/
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 279
    1x1 round plates in white. You can never have to much snow. 
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    Foliage, vines, leafs, and plant pieces for trees and flora to make the landscaping of any scenery look more lavish and organic.
    Pointy long-swords for all my castle minifigs, and blasters for all my SW minifigs.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    1 x 1 round tiles.  I love to build walkways with them.  

@stlux thanks for hosting, great question!
    snowhitie
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,649
    1*2s in darker colors, dark gray 2*2 tiles
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,073
    Anything in Sand-Green is a Winner! :)
    Bumblepants
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,108
    Anything unusual - I don’t get to a LEGO shop often but I’m still hoping one day to find something like the egg pieces that were introduced in Angry Birds :-P
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 347
    2x2 tiles - any colour. Can make some good floor plans with them. 
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 519
    Anything lime green. Might be my favorite color.