The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

10x Classic Police Officer Minifigures - LEGO 71021 - CMF18

amokamok Istanbul, TurkeyMember Posts: 4
Hello,

I have managed to grab 10 of the LEGO Classic Police Officer Minifigures. All 10 of the Police minifigures are unpoened in their original mint sealed bags. Will be selling only as bulk, asking price is 220USD including registered international shipping from Turkey. Payment via PayPal.

Thanks.

Comments

• amokamok Istanbul, TurkeyMember Posts: 4
    Still for sale. Open to offers...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,966
    Anyone buying these will almost certainly be doing it to sell them on. And at that price, there is no money to be made on them. $220 USD is more than 10x the price of buying a single one on the secondary market (ebay) in most countries. To sell these in bulk you'll be lucky to get $100 USD for 10, especially considering you have no history here and joined just to sell these, and probably little protection if things go wrong, so that risk has to be factored in.

You will probably do better on ebay.
    iso3200Brainsluggedsnowhitiepharmjodmsandersdmcc0
    CCC said:
    Anyone buying these will almost certainly be doing it to sell them on. And at that price, there is no money to be made on them. $220 USD is more than 10x the price of buying a single one on the secondary market (ebay) in most countries. To sell these in bulk you'll be lucky to get $100 USD for 10, especially considering you have no history here and joined just to sell these, and probably little protection if things go wrong, so that risk has to be factored in.

I didn’t join to sell these, I’m here since October 2017. And, payment is accepted with PayPal, so there is no risk whatsoever. $220 might be a bit high, but $100 is BS. Thank you for your negativity!
  • dylanchowdylanchow USAMember Posts: 2
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,132
    This is just my opinion, but you may want to split it up. I think you'd have more interest if they were separate since most people just want one Police man for their collection.
    BillyBricks84
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 166
    There is a risk with PayPal. I believe you are only protected if purchasing from ebay. That misconception is exploited in scams (not that I'm saying this is necessarily scam). I'd say the risk definitely outweighs the reward though - especially as it isn't a great deal to start with. As other people have suggested, selling individually on eBay would probably make more sense.
    msanders
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,307
    There is a risk with PayPal. I believe you are only protected if purchasing from ebay. That misconception is exploited in scams (not that I'm saying this is necessarily scam). I'd say the risk definitely outweighs the reward though - especially as it isn't a great deal to start with. As other people have suggested, selling individually on eBay would probably make more sense.
    You are protected if paying as goods and services.
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    I thought general commenting on marketplace threads was against the rules....
    SumoLegogmonkey76oldtodd33snowhitieCoolguy5000DoktorLdmcc0
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 9,011
    edited May 16
    If you are not interested in the items being offered - please move on to the next thread.

Feel free to start another thread to discuss eBay or PayPal policies.

@Huw; @CapnRex101; @drdavewatford
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 634
     Sorry if I'm adding to the huge inconvience and commenting......so what you're saying as that you shouldn't try to help or make any suggestions...unless your purchasing it?  If that's the case shouldn't you just not allow any comments and just have responses go directly to the original poster via mail?   Save a lot of time, arguments and policing of the forums. 
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 364
    scotty12 said:
     Sorry if I'm adding to the huge inconvience and commenting......so what you're saying as that you shouldn't try to help or make any suggestions...unless your purchasing it?  If that's the case shouldn't you just not allow any comments and just have responses go directly to the original poster via mail?   Save a lot of time, arguments and policing of the forums. 
    Where’s the fun in that? Some people like to put on hi-viz vests and start policing...
    PhoneboothBOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,260
    Did someone call for me?
    SumoLegogmonkey76samiam391Bumblepants
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,524
    SMC said:
    Did someone call for me?
    You actually succeeded in making me laugh out loud. Well done.
    SMCSumoLegosamiam391
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Minnesota, USAMember Posts: 166
    @SMC I thought we had to say your name out loud three times... or is that someone else? :)
    SMCSumoLegogmonkey76
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 804
    Whilst I know that general commenting on Marketplace threads is against the rules, I find it really important when more experienced members of the thread can guide people, sellers and buyers (especially on prices if they are just way too high, advice on splitting them up, how to sell) and especially on issues such as buyer/seller protection. 

Sorry to be using this thread to make this point but it seems to have already gone awry. 
    Renegade007cjhraygunn
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth UKMember Posts: 1,394
    CCC said:

Jesus Christ give it a rest. 

EVERY SINGLE THREAD.
    teal93mr2oldtodd33SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 9,011
    Any chance we've hit critical mass to remove all of the comments after the second one?

Frankly, I would be hesitant to post anything as a seller if my sale thread devolved into this.

@Huw; @CapnRex101; @drdavewatford
    Legopantsstlux
    This thread went out of hand, but hey, no hurt feelings.

The Police Officers are still for sale, willing to negotiate...
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB