The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

The New 42083 Bugatti Chiron and the TECHNIC "Ultimate" Line

Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 431
So, the countdown is on!
https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/technic/bugatti-chiron

You can even see some of the engine block details in the looping background video. My anticipation for this set has been growing, and I am amazed at how under-wraps it has been (though I suspect a leak will be forthcoming ahead of June 1st)!

I was sold on the then-newborn "Ultimate" line on the second 2016 Inside Tour, where the TECHNIC Marketing Manager did a presentation for us about TECHNIC in general and then pulled out one of the Porsches for us to all gape at it. I was aware of it, but my old, stogy self had long ago surmised TECHNIC peaked in car design with the #8880 Super Car. But man, was I blown away by that Porsche when it was rolled in front of me. When I got home, I went to the Lego Store the next day and purchased it. Even then, however, I was excited for whatever was coming next, as the marketing guy definitely suggested that the new, premium packaging was the new standard for a continuing line of TECHNIC super cars. Two years later, and I hope it is going to pay off after a lackluster 2017!

I don't know much about Bugattis, so I will be doing more reading on other sites, but what kind of functions will be featured? Does the car have some kind of funky gearing control like the Porsche did? Will there be another custom serial number plate with each car? As hyped as I am, I understand this thing will likely be more looks than function, as seems to be the trend with TECHNIC nowadays. The Bugatti has some killer curves to it, though. If the designers can pull that off, I'll be impressed enough to buy it still in spite of reduced functionality.

Comments