Looking to sell classic Space Lego

cloudpantscloudpants AustraliaMember Posts: 7
Hi all, 
I just joined up as I've been cleaning out my garage and pulled out all my old lego sets that have been sitting in a plastic bin for 30 years. I've got 30 sets of from the classic Space Lego series, plus a couple of others (588 Police Station, 8841 Dune Buggy, 720 Basic). I thought I'd see if the anyone in the community was interested in buying as a bundle before I offload via ebay. Note these sets from my childhood so not in pristine condition. 99% of the parts are there, there is the odd light or antenna missing, but I spent the last few days building them all out again and cataloged anything missing which I can send you.

Cheers,

madforLEGOJudgeChuck

Comments

• bortan88bortan88 Member Posts: 17

Very interested, message sent.

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,095
    Wow, nice collection! :-)

I would only be interested in a few of the smaller sets, as I already have most of the larger ones that you have, that I am interested in, but best of luck with selling them!

:-)

• cloudpantscloudpants AustraliaMember Posts: 7
    I am hoping to move all of them in one go, but if I don't find a buyer I'll look at separating
    I've had a couple of questions about price so thought I'd respond here. Based on 30 sets with the smaller ones around $20, and the larger ones around $200 it's probably over $1000 worth in total. I don't expect that much, but don't want silly low ball offers either.  Happy to negotiate.
    Update: I got through the non-space lego sets tonight and it turns I have two Technics sets 8832 and 8841, and a couple of bags of stuff I'm not sure what it is. I thought one was 588 Police as I had that as a kid, and the bag is full of police labelled bricks and minifigs but it's not 588. 
  • LegoAerologistLegoAerologist Mid Ameica USAMember Posts: 25
    Update: I got through the non-space lego sets tonight and it turns I have two Technics sets 8832 and 8841, and a couple of bags of stuff I'm not sure what it is. I thought one was 588 Police as I had that as a kid, and the bag is full of police labelled bricks and minifigs but it's not 588. 
    Any pictures? 
    I'll post some tonight when I get home...
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 73
    Have you looked at some of the Australian Lego pages on Facebook?
    Lego buy swap sell will get you a good price I would think as a lot of collectors on there. 
    Then you have the Ozlug and state based Lugs pages as well which have for sale pages. 
    Might save you some hassle selling local if that suits .
    cloudpantsBaby_Yoda
    Ok here's the rest of the stuff:
    1st pic is what I thought was a Police set but can't figure out what it is
    2nd pic is all the special pieces that I always struggle to find so keep them in a separate bag, note lots of police pieces here
    3rd pic is mixed bag of old pieces
    4th pic is the two technics sets (there's also an old electric motor and battery box not pictured)

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,227
    Johnyk668 said:
    Have you looked at some of the Australian Lego pages on Facebook?
    Lego buy swap sell will get you a good price I would think as a lot of collectors on there.
    Seconded. I don't participate very often myself but I've heard and seen good things. There appear to be many fans of older sets there.
    cloudpants
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    My guess is that you have #6386 Police Command Base https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6386-1#T=I
    cloudpants
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    edited May 2018
    From bricklink, and they only appear in a few police sets together. From what I saw i would guess #6632 Tactical Patrol Truck.
    Tile 2 x 2 with Red Warning Triangle Pattern
    Item No: 3068bp06
    Tile 2 x 2 with White Arrow in Blue Circle Pattern
    Item No: 3068bp50
    edited May 2018
    gmonkey76 said:
    My guess is that you have #6386 Police Command Base https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6386-1#T=I
    That looks like it, but it says it was released in 1986 which would've been too late for me. Most of my lego I got in the early around '78-'83 when I was a kid, by '86 I was at high school :)
    The odd later set I have was only the space stuff which I got to boost my existing collection. Weird...