Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

U-3PO in upcoming DK book

77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,415
Pitfall69Yo_dASirBrickalotOfLego

Comments

• TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,282
    That is the protocol droid that was included in the SW Advent calender from 2016.
    https://www.dk.com/uk/book/9780241313824-lego-star-wars-choose-your-path
    Though I did not know that minifig was called Youthreepio.

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,415
    Huh. I'm not sure I'll buy the book then.

Thanks for inserting the link. Didn't realize pic was taken down.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,101
    So, I have a question: Who officially named the protocol droid in the 2016 Advent calendar? At first glance, the U-3po in the DK book looks slightly different than the "U-3po" in the advent calendar. The reason I ask is because I used to collect Hasbro Star Wars action figures and there was a build a droid of U-3po and E-3po respectively and it was hard to tell them apart based on the parts.

Renegade007cjh
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 708
    Maybe the book will have the answer. 
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,398
    Looks like that meme with the two spidermen pointing at each other.
    Pitfall69ricecakeFizyxBaby_YodaMynatt
  • samtheqsamtheq USAMember Posts: 44
    The book is on Amazon in the US also, and it's $18.03 (Prime) hardcover.  
    Here is Amazon's photo of U-3PO:

And here is Bricklink's photo for handy comparison:

It looks like it could be a straight-up reissue, if no changes are made before the book comes out? 
    mithridate
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 314
    edited May 2018
    The print on the left leg is slightly different. Also, the first is more gunmetal, and the second more silver.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,415
    Kaitch said:
    The print on the left leg is slightly different. Also, the first is more gunmetal, and the second more silver.
    I don't think the leg prints are different.
    In the first pic, they're in motion so it distorts that they are actually the same.

Do you have both figs in hand for a better comparison?
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 314
    ^Nope, I'm going by the pics. But I am pretty sure the first has a couple horizontal marks on the left leg that the second rather clearly doesn't.
    andhe
    Kaitch said:
    ^Nope, I'm going by the pics. But I am pretty sure the first has a couple horizontal marks on the left leg that the second rather clearly doesn't.
    I think the horizontal marks ARE there...in the shaded area of the bottom figure, you can faintly see horizontal lines.
    Mr_Cross
    Have anyone compared the book version with the Advent Calendar version?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,364
    ^I can but it won't be until tomorrow morning(6/12)
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,364
    Besides the placement of the pupils in the eyes they look the same to me.
    SMCLittleLoriPitfall69Mr_Crossdmcc077ncaachampssid3windrmithridate
    Good news is that I normally don't buy Advent Calendars, so I missed out on this minifigure. The bad news is that I was hoping for another protocol droid variant. 
    Bumblepants77ncaachampssid3windr
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,130
    Print of eyes can be dodgy anyway. I've seen various C-3PO figures looking slightly left or slightly right.