Competition for Series 18 Policeman?

FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,625
Is there anyone here on Brickset in the Bedford/Lynchburg Va area who may be hunting the Series 18 Policeman? I've been through a few boxes and someone seems to be a step ahead of me...

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,796
    Probably multiple BL and ebay sellers.
    FowlerBricks
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,625
    ^Most likely, but I thought I'd check here anyway. :)
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,569
    I started to wonder the same thing in my area. I finally went WAY outside of my normal circle before I had success. 
    FowlerBricks
  • AdelecAdelec UkMember Posts: 163
    I found one in a box in Waterstones, the book shop, though I had to look through quite a few before I found it.
    FowlerBricks
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 781
    I haven't even really been able to compete in my area.  It's been brutal... normally all three major chains as well as the local LEGO stores will have the CMFs, but I am not able to get into the LEGO stores regularly, and none of the Walmarts or Targets near me is carrying Series 18 yet, and my TRU didn't get any of them before the bankruptcy stuff started and new stock stopped coming in.  So I haven't even been able to try feeling the bags up yet, let alone go for the policeman.  Thank god for @MinifiguresPlus or I'd be in a real pickle!
    FowlerBricksMinifiguresPlus
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 266
    After three in-store bag feel sessions I managed to get all figures with no duplicates.
    Of course without the policeman.
    Since the figure, for me, is the most boring of the whole series, I'll leave it at.
    Better said, I'll try to leave it at that :-)
    FowlerBricks
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    I thought this was going to be suggesting a competition to win one, and now I'm sad :-(

I actually had plans to do that to host my first bonusball...

Unlikely to happen as the last time I went to Walmart in the little town of Ithaca to check the employee told me that every time they get series figures in a guy comes in and immediately buys them all. 
    Fizyx
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,625
    I thought this was going to be suggesting a competition to win one, and now I'm sad :-(

Sorry, but no. I don't have one to offer! :D
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 781
    samiam391 said:

Unlikely to happen as the last time I went to Walmart in the little town of Ithaca to check the employee told me that every time they get series figures in a guy comes in and immediately buys them all. 

I feel like there should be an easier/cheaper/better way to get that many CMFs thank going into the store and paying straight retail for individual bags...
    FowlerBricks
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 618
    I just went as soon as they started appearing and had no problem getting one because Target hadn't put them out and brought me a brand new box. Got two more (one for a friend, one to resell in order to partially cover series costs) at another target by the registers, seemed like no one felt for them. After that though on my trips to get the rest of the series about four at a time there was expectedly no policeman to be found.
    FowlerBricks
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Fizyx said:
    samiam391 said:

I feel like there should be an easier/cheaper/better way to get that many CMFs thank going into the store and paying straight retail for individual bags...

Disclaimer: I am not justifying this person's actions, just trying to look for a 'reasoning' behind his actions.

This might be a way to create local demand for the series and drive potential sales his way.
    FowlerBricksFizyx
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 384
    This was to be expected. Even if the figure is not Mr. Gold levels of rare, it’s still a chase figure. I feel bad for the completionists, because either they have to be very lucky in stores or they have to fork over a pretty penny for the figure online. If they didn’t buy a box, that is.
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 139
    I searched hard and fast as soon as they started showing up in my area.  Glad I did because not only did the Police Officer disappear pretty quickly, all in general seem to have sold fast.  I've seen quite a few in a quite a few stores around me, but in the past couple days, going back to those same stores, I'm not finding any S18 packs left.  Even the brick people.  Stopped at one Target today that appeared to have probably most of 2 sets hanging on endcap.  No Police Man of course.  So S18 seems fairly popular overall.

I managed to find a couple extra.  If anyone is interested just send me a PM.  I'm sure I can do better than the going rate on eBay.
    FowlerBricksCaptainLego
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    I finally found two(!) in at a Fred Meyer in Fairbanks, Alaska. Both were third from the back, top left corner - coincidence? I believe the boxes had been untouched.
    FowlerBricks